Why the rose does not bloom: the causes and their elimination
Flower garden or the usual small flower bed is considered a picturesque corner of the site. They grow a large number of different flowers. No flower bed is complete without roses. This royal plant will not only delight your eyes, but also give the garden a wonderful aroma. Growing a rose is difficult. If you are a beginner and the question arose about why the rose does not bloom, we will help you in everything.
There are several major issues that affect the development of a rose. Consider each of them individually and learn how to deal with the problem.
In many flowerbeds there are flowers that are not capable of growing root. Basically, all roses are grafted. In this regard, the plant gradually begins to run wild and ceases to bloom. It is easy to determine. It is enough to do the following:
- inspect the bush below;
- on wild shoots small leaves and a large number of thorns.
To fix the situation is easy. For this it is enough to cut wild branches at the base.It is necessary to remove such shoots, they do not allow roses to bloom.
If you wondered why the rose does not bloom, pay attention to the quality of the soil. The royal plant does not like heavy and dense soils. To see the beauty of its buds, you may have to transplant a plant. You can try the fertilizer land. It is worth being careful here, because an excess of nutrients will lead to the active growth of greenery, and not buds. In order for the flower to develop properly, it is necessary to add to the ground:
- organic or mineral fertilizers;
- top dressing in which there is a phosphorus and potassium;
- great ash wood.
All dressings should be made in small portions and in low concentration.
Still thinking why the rose does not bloom in the garden, then remember whether you are pruning the bush. This procedure is aimed at the rejuvenation of the plant, due to which a large number of buds appear. Pruning is carried out only in spring. To be deleted:
- old and diseased branches;
- Shoots that have suffered from severe frosts and various insects;
- branches that are more than three years old;
- shoots directed into the bush.
It is worth explaining in more detail the last point. Such branches must be removed. Inside the overgrown bush is possible accumulation of insects and the multiplication of fungal diseases, which will lead to the death of the flower. You will easily recognize old branches for removal by dark-colored ligneous bark. The rest of the shoots are simply shortened as follows:
- short pruning to 4 buds;
- average removal of up to 7 buds;
- weak circumcision up to 10 buds.
Choose a type of pruning according to the grade of your rose. We considered many answers to questions about why a rose does not bloom, but missed another major point.
The rose is considered a heat-loving plant. It may not bloom due to improper wintering. The stages of preparing the plant for frost are as follows:
- hilling the bush using peat;
- hiding the plant with a special material, hay, or fallen leaves;
- You can make a special cone of expanded polystyrene and cover it from above.
We have dismantled the reasons that affect the formation of buds in an ordinary plant, but why a climbing rose does not bloom.
Why the rose does not bloom, you know, but it still depends on the variety. Climbing representatives may not give buds for the same reasons:
- bad ground;
- improper pruning;
- poor care and watering.
If you normalize all the above points, you can no longer go back to the question of why a climbing rose does not bloom, and calmly grow a hedge in your garden.
Experienced gardeners who have been growing such ornamental plants for years know why the rose does not bloom in the garden. They share their tips and recommendations with you:
- Deep planting colors. This inhibits the growth and development of the plant and therefore it does not give buds. All forces go to increasing the root system. The optimum depth of landing is about 10 cm.
- Fertilizer minerals. If you like to use organic supplements, their concentration should be weak. Otherwise, burn the roots of plants.
- Incorrect trimming. After flowering, do not rush to cut the rose. The plant will hibernate and will not have the strength to form new buds.
Now you know why the rose does not bloom. Troubleshoot problems easily.There is one point to which you should turn your attention. The rose may not bloom due to the fact that the selected variety can not take root on your site. Pick up plants carefully, having studied all their characteristics.
We have answered the main question why the rose does not bloom. Provided you with comprehensive information on how to get beautiful and fragrant buds. Hurry to your flower bed and soon begin to correct your mistakes.