Which celebrate the holidays on March 4: memorable events, traditions and customs, interesting facts
This day is not too rich in any famous events of international scale. The only state is the celebration of the police, which marks the Republic of Belarus. International (specifically this year) is the day of children's television and radio broadcasting. Nevertheless, the holidays March 4, 2018 is still there. Albeit not too important, but sometimes quite unusual, funny and even strange.
Next will be listed the main events and important dates that occurred and are celebrated on this day.
What happened in the story?
- In 1944, the first bombardment of Berlin was carried out by US forces.
- Not exactly a holiday, but on March 4, 1949, Vyshinsky replaced Molotov as Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Soviet Union.
- In 1951, the newspaper Pravda published material on the Khrushchev project.The goal was to create the so-called "agrogorods", which were to replace the village.
- In 1995, Sony launched the production of pocket transistor radios.
- A kind of journalistic holiday: March 4, 1959 in Dagestan, the Union of Journalists.
- 1977 The earthquake in Romania claimed the lives of 15 thousand inhabitants.
What is celebrated?
So, March 4th. What holidays are there in Russia and in the world?
- International Day, known as "Fat Tuesday."
- Pancake is also celebrated.
- National Day of Militia in Belarus.
- March 4th is a holy day. Which one Celebration in honor of Saints Arkhip and Philemon.
- Festivities in the name of St. Casimir.
- Fair Zakyukasa.
Now more about each event.
Militia Day in Belarus
The professional holiday was officially approved in 1998, on March 26, by order of the president of the republic. However, a significant event happened back in 1917. The office of the civil commandant of the city of Minsk issued a decree according to which Mikhailov M.A. was appointed temporary police chief. In accordance with this, he was given inventories of all weapons held by city officials. And on March 4th it was considered the birthday of the Belarusian police.
Feast of St. Casimir
Casimir is the main patron of Lithuania. He was also a Polish and Lithuanian prince.And in the 17th century it was proclaimed the Grand Duke of Lithuania. After that, he received the now known status. Today, on this holiday, March 4, worship is held. Also in honor of this patron, prayers are read.
If there is a weekend immediately before or after the holiday, a festive fair is organized. It sells a variety of jewelry, materials and items. Arranged events theatrical and carnival type.
Also in honor of this event are announced the weekend.
Another Lithuanian holiday on March 4th is a fair of Lithuanian and Polish artisans. Tradition takes roots back in the 17th century. This celebration is a kind of continuation of the celebration dedicated to St. Casimir. In early times, all events took place only on the central streets of the capital. At the fair they sell various products and materials, such as:
- genuine leather products;
- metal and others.
There is a following belief: if enough goods are sold on this day, then the rest of the year will also be very profitable.
In honor of this holiday are declared a three-day weekend.
Arkhip and Philemon Day
This church holiday is celebrated on March 4th. For him, even there is its own important phrase "The more good deeds, the better." In Russia, it was a day of help. People fed those who did not have money, welcomed the orphans and the sick. It was also considered good to feed stray animals.
According to the main tradition of the holiday, citizens baked loaves. After the hostess was treated to a dish as his family, and friends, acquaintances, and even homeless. In order for the family to come wealth, you must completely eat the cake. The crumbs left after him were collected in a handful, sprinkled with salt and thrown over the left shoulder so that the family could live safely until spring of the next year.
But not only loaf was considered the main dish. Traditions demanded to cook as many different dishes as possible, using stocks left over from the winter. Everything cooked went to a small feast.
Signs of the holiday were as follows:
- if the weather remained cold - it was necessary to borrow some products from neighbors or relatives (the people believed that if the spring came to see empty shelves, the weather would improve);
- if the day was warm, a rich harvest was expected;
- if on March 4 a gray hare occurs in the forest - the frosts are gone, if the hare is white, it will snow again;
- It is forbidden to admire the night sky for a long time: seeing a fallen star, you can catch a serious illness and even die. And if you get sick on this holiday, the recovery will not come soon, and the process itself will be difficult.
And what holiday on March 4 in Russia and the world?
International Children's Television and Radio Day
This day is celebrated on the first Sunday of March. In 2018, this day was March 4th. Celebrate this event:
- pupils and their parents;
- leading television, radio;
- staff involved in creating programs for children on radio and television;
- international education organizations;
- charitable foundations.
The day itself was established by the United Nations Children's Fund. It happened in the city of Cannes, in April 1994. The purpose of creation was the idea of attracting the attention of mankind to the violation of children's rights.
On this day are held:
- thematic classes in educational institutions;
- programs created by or with children are broadcast;
- competitions, games are held;
- activities for the development of cognitive and creative abilities.
The original name of the holiday went from the French "Mardi Gras".The holiday begins in front of the ash environment. It is a harbinger of the beginning of Great Lent, which goes before Easter. The main feature was the various abundant feasts and carnivals. The event is popular in the UK, Ireland, Australia and some countries of the United States of America.
This is a kind of mardi gras. At this time, neat pancakes are baked. Eat them warm. You can also take part in the race of women who carry the pan with the product. An important condition: a pancake must be thrown at least twice, without dropping.
On this day, you can also mark some unusual dates. Many of them are devoted to fairly ordinary things and professions. And some, like the ones below, refer to things and statuses that go unnoticed in everyday life.
Day of the arrested
Due to its specificity, the event is not very popular among the people. Those who had to endure the life of a prisoner (for various reasons) can arrange a small feast.
Orange Cat Day
This event is dedicated to cats, which in color are not just red, but look like a real orange.The pet must be very bright, so that even on cloudy days it illuminates the house and pleases the owners.
March Cats Day
This day is devoted to an extremely noisy period in the life of the feline. At this time, they are trying to find partners and become quite arrogant. Those who celebrate this event, try not to touch the heroes of the holiday.
Little about the future
In 2019, March 4, a rather unusual professional holiday will be celebrated.- Day of the theater cashier. The initiative was made by actors of the St. Petersburg theater “Priyut komedianta” in 2009. It was proposed to celebrate the holiday on the first Monday of March. And next year it will be the 4th.
Now you know how to spend March 4th and what holidays to celebrate. Most importantly, conducting events, follow all the rules of norms and decency. And most importantly - a measure of alcohol consumption!