What to give to the director on his birthday: creative gift ideas
Present for a loved one is not easy to choose. When it is necessary to make an interesting gift to the director for his birthday, doubts multiply. Well, if you need to choose a group or head of the department, with whom you have to communicate closely. But what about the CEO? How can you please him? In theory, he has everything and so is ...
A creative birthday gift to the director is not always able to save the situation, as the authorities may not appreciate this approach. It is possible to spend large sums for a manager only on an anniversary, to buy something expensive for an ordinary holiday - to disrupt the business style of relationships in a team. In addition, not every company can boast of high incomes of employees who allow themselves to pay a lump sum. So what to give to the director for his birthday, while at the same time look decent?
The tradition of making presents
These traditions originate in pagan times, they are directly related to the offering of gifts. At some point, gifts to people began to mean a desire to make a pleasant, showing a good relationship. At the present moment, the gift is intended to convey the necessary thing that a person wants or needs, to give him pleasure. The same rule should be followed when deciding which gift to give to the director for a birthday from the team.
At the same time, the gift does not always have good content. The traditional example is the Trojan horse. The phrase "Fear of the Danites, the gifts of those who bring in" has not been lost over the centuries; it is still used today. Many people received such gifts “with great meaning”, although this “meaning” did not cause positive emotions. Although such offerings primarily talk about the moral qualities of the donor himself. Thinking about what kind of gift to give to the director for the birthday of the team, you should not allow doubleness or seek hints.
It is unlikely that someone systematically scientifically presents for the head by types. But to answer this question, we still try to highlight the main groups of gifts.
Hobbies and passions
In this case, the birthday present to the director can be chosen taking into account the hobbies and habits of the beloved chef. What could it be?
If the boss smokes, you can please him:
- original solid cigarette case;
- a set of good cigars;
- Now fashionable electronic cigarette, as well as a set of liquids for it.
Being knowledgeable about hobbies, you can choose the very present to the director for his birthday, whom he will be especially pleased with:
- Inflatable boat, spinning, fishing rod, electronic bait, folding chair for those who like fishing.
- Camping tent, picnic set, original flask for nature lovers.
- High-quality gift edition, special literature or a rare book for the avid reader.
- Handmade knife, and maybe a solid collection gun for a man who adores hunting.
- High-quality original cue in the event that the boss loves billiards.
- An e-book or a powerful compact tablet is a great gift that is definitely not a stalemate.
- If the boss is a collector, his treasury can be replenished with a new exhibit.Especially if his attachments are not a secret for his subordinates.
Many subordinates believe that such a person has everything that you can’t be amused and surprised. Although if you want to always present the necessary thing, if you find out what hobbies and hobbies the boss has, and also pay attention to how the interior is created in his office.
Each head of the organization is an official and responsible person. Therefore, thinking what to give to the male director for his birthday, try to emphasize his efficiency and solidity. For example:
- Desktop writing device or desktop original stand for pens in gift design. Perhaps silver or bronze.
- Gift set of pens of a famous brand or stylish fashionable automatic pen. Already the chief has to use it every day, therefore, such a gift would be very useful. Most likely, his boss will appreciate it.
- Solid luxury diary in leather cover.
- Exclusive business set.
- You can also pick up one of these things: a purse, a card holder, a diplomat, a key keeper - each of them is practical and necessary and will be a memorable and welcome gift.
- Beautiful and high-quality man purse or bag for documents.The choice can be stopped on a business roomy briefcase or a leather practical folder.
- If the chef pays special attention to the appearance, the beautiful presentation can be, for example, beautiful cufflinks or a tie clip. Of course, they should be made only of precious metal. Such a thing will emphasize the status of the boss, give him an expensive look.
It is not recommended to make funny, unusual birthday gifts for the director if he has no sense of humor. Otherwise, such a gift can lead employees to a sad financial result.
But if he has everything in order with humor, then it will not be difficult to decide what to present the original gift to the director for his birthday. In specialized stores it is not difficult to choose an interesting item of various cost and direction. But it is worth remembering that an organization that respects itself will not acquire something base or vulgar for the boss.
Such interesting presents include various souvenirs with funny inscriptions, as well as corresponding cabinet accessories and paintings.
When choosing such a gift you should consider the following circumstances:
- features of the company headed by a director;
- character warehouse, the age of the chef.
In general, managers with great pleasure in prominent places in their offices various squeezing hammers, slingshots, intended for “shooting off subordinates,” etc.
This is the most versatile and neutral option. These include:
- elite writing accessories;
- stationery kits;
- all sorts of accessories for the desktop and office;
- exclusive greeting card happy birthday to the director;
- some bosses put hookahs in a prominent place, although it depends on the nature of the company’s activities and the personality of the director;
- gift set for alcoholic beverages - it is suitable for the business environment of the director's office;
- monitor and keyboard, trimmed with wood;
- VIP-class business gifts, for example, stylized antique floor clocks.
No need to get involved in and present as a gift items inlaid with stones or precious metals.Such gifts are made by the closest people, while from the side of the team they will look at least irrelevant. In this case, it's better to get along with the same postcard to the director of “Happy Birthday!”. On behalf of employees, jewelry can be presented only for significant anniversaries, as well as when the manager retires.
In this case, business gifts - not the best option to please the boss. Basically, the manager creates himself in his workplace a comfortable atmosphere. Choosing a business gift, you should decide on how interesting and useful it will be for the birthday man.
So, not knowing what to give the director for his birthday, you can opt for a surprise. An unusual gift is able to give pleasure, in addition, it will surprise the chef. This may be the organization of some event, taking into account the known interests of the leader (departure for nature, parachute jump), and also have a material character. Such gifts may also include elements of fun. But the main thing is that the gift was just unexpected, in a standard set that does not fit.
Such original gifts should take into account the hobbies and personality of the donee.
Thinking what to give to the male director for his birthday, it is worth considering that it is foolish to buy a fishing suit for a hunter or a rubber boat lover for a relaxing holiday. It will be unpleasant for both employees and the director if the expensive gift is to be packed in a rest room or office of the head. In addition, no need to get involved in originality and reach vulgarity and absurdity.
What else can you give to the boss?
Special attention deserves a gift to the director-woman for his birthday. This is a more delicate and complex question. Gifts to the boss should be chosen, given that she is a woman, no matter how much she looks like an “iron lady”.
For the most part, all of the above applies to gifts to both the man and the girl boss. The main thing here is that all congratulations be truly sincere. In each team will find active employees who will take over with pleasure organizational concerns. In this case, the employee’s contribution should not be burdensome, and the difference in income should also be taken into account.It will be more competent if a large amount is contributed by the heads of structural divisions. Below we will demonstrate what to give to the director for his birthday, regardless of his gender:
- business accessories;
- things that are directly related to hobbies;
- accessories for the office;
- gifts, events, adventures;
- books, paintings, art objects (with the exception of expensive copies, antiques);
- gift sets of coffee, tea;
For a male boss, the following gifts will be appropriate:
- cigars, tobacco, smoking, smoking accessories;
- elite alcohol;
- things and objects related to fishing and hunting, active recreation;
- gifts with soft jokes in the presence of a sense of humor in the donee;
- alcoholic beverages.
A woman will appreciate:
- original gifts made by hand (plaids, tapestries, embroidered paintings);
- tea and coffee sets;
- unusual books, caskets;
- animal skin items;
- expensive wine.
A friendly and sincere gift will always be welcomed. His presentation should be carried out with full respect for etiquette.
It is desirable to decorate the reception and office with congratulatory posters, balloons before the arrival of the head to work. It will be great if the team in full force will meet the chief in the morning in front of his office.
There are some restrictions for gifts. Do not forget that relationships in the workforce are built on the basis of subordination. Frivolity, familiarity, the demonstration of personal special relations with the chef are unacceptable. You should not make gifts with hints, double meaning, concerning physical condition, external data.
Among them are:
- antiques, jewelry, other expensive items;
- personal care products;
- household appliances;
- for women kitchen sets, for men tool sets;
- tickets for certain events (the head may be busy at this time);
- gymnastics subscriptions, fitness clubs.
Exception - if the boss asked him to give him something from the list.
Sincerity is the key to success
It is not a secret that the heads of a significant, large department (it doesn’t matter whether it’s a woman or a man) or the CEO, as a rule, are sophisticated, well-to-do people. It is very difficult to please or surprise such a person who holds a high post.Basically, these people, when communicating with subordinates, keep their distance, and the team often knows almost nothing about the boss's personal life.
Therefore, not knowing what to present to the director for his birthday, you can simply approach him and ask directly what he wants to receive in the form of a sign of attention to the memorable date from the team.
Do not give the head things that are personal and private, as we have already discussed above. For example, perfume, hygiene kits, animals, envelopes with money, pieces of furniture, other things that can be misunderstood. A banal gift to the head may also bring disappointment, since he can buy a vacuum cleaner, a potted flower or a tie himself.
It is better for the administration to present something acceptable at a price, long-awaited, than bought for fabulous money and absolutely unnecessary.
Bribe or gift?
It is necessary to conclude with a discussion of certain legal aspects that are associated with donation.
When receiving gifts, when the value of the property is not exactly known, the official received is obliged to transfer to the municipal or state property. This restriction is imposed to combat corruption.This is due to the special status of municipal and public servants. At the same time restrictions on gifts are installed and not in the municipal (state) sector. Such bans are in corporate codes of a huge number of large holdings and companies. Therefore, the best choice is an inexpensive birthday present for the director.