What is useful flaxseed for women and how it is used in traditional medicine?
Flaxseed is a wholesome product with unique healing properties. In folk medicine, this natural medicine has been used since the times of the Bronze Age. It is known that with the help of flax many diseases are treated, as well as weight loss. This topic describes the composition of flaxseed, useful properties and contraindications to use. We will also consider the most effective means of traditional medicine with this product and in what cases they should be used.
What is useful flaxseed?
- Flax helps to eliminate toxic substances, worms and protozoa, as well as their waste products.
- Flax seeds contain large amounts of plant fiber and pectins, which absorb heavy metal salts and remove them from the body through the intestines.
- Flax is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, namely omega-3, 6, and 9. The amount of these substances in flax oil is many times higher than in fish oil. As you know, these fatty acids are necessary, especially in children. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids prevent blood clots and normalize cholesterol levels in the blood.
- In flaxseed there is a large amount of selenium - a trace element that prevents mutation and destruction of nucleic acids, thereby reducing the risk of malignant tumors and the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Another important for the human body microelement flax is potassium, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the transport systems of cells. A deficiency of potassium in the body threatens with arrhythmia, edema, and the development of kidney disease.
- Regular consumption of flax seeds is an effective prevention of nervous diseases, as they contain lecithin and vitamins of group B. This product is especially useful for women who are depressed.
- Flax seeds tend to have a diuretic effect, since their shells are covered with polysaccharides that bind water molecules.Due to this component, when insisting or boiling seeds, mucus is formed, which is used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract.
- Flaxseed is widely used in traditional medicine in the treatment and prevention of diseases of the digestive system and liver, as well as in the recovery of patients after surgical interventions on the abdominal organs.
- The use of flax seeds for weight loss is also invaluable, because they remove slags from the intestine, take away excess fluid and effectively eliminate constipation.
What are the benefits of flax seeds for women?
Especially useful for women are white flax seeds, which are rich in plant analogues of estrogen - phytoestrogens. Regular use of this product relieves the unpleasant symptoms of menopause, and also prevents the appearance of tumors in the uterus and mammary glands.
What does flaxseed treat?
The use of flaxseed is justified as an additional therapy for the following diseases:
- chronic constipation;
- chronic hepatitis;
- biliary dyskinesia;
- inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system;
- peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- gastritis and others.
When can I not use flaxseed?
Flaxseed contains cyanogenic glycosides, which are inherently poison. Therefore, raw flax seeds should not be consumed in large quantities. During heat treatment of this product, this poison is neutralized.
Also, this product has a pronounced choleretic effect, so their use is contraindicated in diarrhea, cholecystitis and colitis.
With an “overdose,” flax families may experience flatulence and diarrhea.
Also, this drug is contraindicated in the presence of individual intolerance.
Flax seed treatment: recipes of folk remedies
Fighting cough:Fry the seeds in a dry skillet and grind in a coffee grinder. Two teaspoons of the obtained powder is poured with one glass of boiling water and thoroughly stirred with a spoon. For ½ cup of infusion drink 20 minutes before meals three times a day.
Normalization of the bowels:
- two tablespoons of seeds is poured with one glass of boiling water and boiled over low heat for 20 minutes. When the decoction has cooled, it is introduced into the rectum with the help of an enema for diarrhea.The procedure is performed 1-2 times a day;
- One tablespoon of seeds is poured with one glass of boiling water and boiled on low heat for 20 minutes. The resulting broth cool and drink before bedtime. You can also eat two tablespoons of raw seeds in the morning on an empty stomach.
Help for gastritis:two tablespoons of flax seed is poured with three cups of boiling water, covered with a lid and allowed to infuse for 5-6 hours. The mucus is ingested ½ cup twice a day before meals. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks.
Fighting intestinal atony:one tablespoon of seeds is poured with one glass of boiling water, covered with a lid and allowed to brew for 10 minutes, then shaken and left for another 10 minutes. Ready infusion should be filtered through a fine sieve and drink in the morning on an empty stomach for ½ cup.
Relieving the symptoms of hemorrhoids and proctitis:mucus, which is formed by infusion of flax seeds, is injected into the rectum in the form of microclysters before bedtime daily. After the procedure, you need to lie down for at least 40 minutes.
Diabetes Therapy:an infusion of flax seeds will help lower blood sugar if consumed daily before bedtime.
Radiation Disease Therapy:two tablespoons of seeds is poured with two cups of boiling water, covered with a lid and allowed to infuse for 15 minutes, then filtered through a fine sieve.Ready infusion take orally two teaspoons every two hours throughout the acute period of radiation sickness.
Fighting kidney stones and bladder:One teaspoon of seed is poured with one glass of boiling water and boiled over low heat for 5 minutes. Ready broth drink 1/2 cup 5-6 times a day. The course of treatment is 2-3 days.
Immunity strengthening:Oven-dried flax seeds are ground in a coffee grinder, after which the resulting powder is mixed with honey in a ratio of 3: 1 and consumed with one teaspoon three times a day.
Fighting cracked heels:mucus, obtained by infusion of flax seeds, is used for night compresses on sore heels.
Weight loss:Two tablespoons of flax seeds are poured with two cups of boiling water and boiled on low heat for 1.5-2 hours, then removed from the heat and allowed to cool. Broth drink three times a day for ½ cup for 10 days. The course can be repeated after 10 days. Also this useful product can be added to kefir, cereals, salads and pastries.
In the end, I would like to say that flax seeds are a storehouse of vitamins, microelements and other beneficial substances that help in the fight against many diseases.In addition, this product allows not only to clean the intestines from toxins, but also to lose weight without effort.
Watch a video about flax seeds.