Walkers with how many months can be used
Many parents try to buy only the best for their child. Coming to the store, young mothers and fathers see a lot of products for newborns and older children. And, of course, among all this diversity in the children's store flaunts bright and attractive-looking walkers.
With how many months can you buy baby devices for independent movement? What do walkers really look like? What are their pros and cons? All these questions will be considered in this article.
What is a walker
Walkers for children - a special device on wheels, which allows an inappropriate baby to move in space.
As a rule, the walkers are equipped with a comfortable soft seat, made of thick fabric. The base of the walker is wide, not allowing the device to roll over. But still, this sometimes happens when a baby bumps into some kind of obstacle, such as a nut or a thick carpet.Therefore, do not leave the child in the walker unattended.
In modern walkers, the tabletop is made very attractive. You can find on sale a walker with a music panel and a variety of toys. Therefore, if the mother wants a few minutes of rest, then the baby may well entertain himself. But the question arises whether such devices are safe for the health of the baby.
Advantages and disadvantages of a walker
Consider first the obvious advantages of a walker:
- It often happens that the child does not for a minute leave the mother and does not allow her to do the basic things. In this case, the walker will be a salvation for tired parents and will allow the baby to move independently in space.
- Now many models are equipped with various developing game panels. The child, being in a walker, will be able to press the buttons, turn various wheels and listen to music, thereby developing motor skills and hearing.
- Walkers will bring a little explorer to the little explorer. After all, now he himself will be able to go where he wishes, and will be able to see much more than being on the floor.
But despite all the advantages, the walker has its drawbacks:
- The baby may later start walking independently. There is an explanation. After all, being in the device for walking, he can already do almost nothing himself. In addition, a lot of effort is not required, just push off with your feet - that's all.
- In verticalizing devices, the load on the immature children's organism, in particular, the spine, is greatly increased.
- Often, being long in a walker, the child begins to push off from the floor with socks, which leads in the future to walking on an incomplete foot or jumping gait.
- A kid who has learned to walk in walkers loses a sense of balance when walking independently due to the lack of customary support.
- Walkers can cause injury if you choose a model with a not too wide base. In such a device, a child can easily roll over.
If the parents nevertheless decided to purchase a device for independent movement for the child, then the question arises of how many months can be put in the walker.
Definitely we can say that up to 6 months in the walker can not be planted!
The basic rule when you can use a walker: the child can sit on his own without support. In addition, the baby does not fall down and keeps the back smoothly and confidently. As a rule, it occurs in 6-7 months. If you use them before, you can harm the immature children's body.
To put the baby in the device for walking is for a short time. It is better that the child was not in them for more than 15 minutes a day.
Walkers for girls
Parents of little princesses are often interested in how many months you can put girls on walkers. There is a specific disease - hip dysplasia. This disease is most often manifested in girls. And if the disease passes in mild form or is not identified on time for any reason, the walkers will only worsen the condition and cause the progression of the disease.
Answering the question of how many months it is possible to put girls on walkers, it should be noted that the baby is a future woman and a mother. That is why it is so important to treat the health of the hip joints with care and caution. And if the walkers are still used, then it is necessary to plant a girl in them not earlier than 7–8 months, for a short time. 15-20 minutes a day will be quite enough.
What about the boys?
Parents of future men are also interested in how many months you can put the boys on a walker. Moms and dads are worried about how the constant friction of the seat on the genitals of a baby will affect it. Many believe that squeezing can adversely affect the child’s genital and urinary system.
Determining how many months you can put the boys in a walker, doctors recommend to follow the general rules. Should often give the baby to crawl on their own and use the walker as little as possible. The recommended age, as in the case of girls, is not earlier than 7 months.
In general, the question of how many months you can use a walker for each child is different. After all, someone in 6 months is already sitting confidently, and it would not hurt such a child to spend 10 minutes in such a device.
And another baby, even at 7 months, cannot sit confidently and without support. In this case, it is better not to use a walker. With how many months you can try to put the baby in the verticalization device, will show the development of the child. As soon as he can sit confidently, it means that the body is ready for such loads.
Contraindications to the use of a walker
When thinking about the need to purchase a walker, it is important to decide not only on how many months you can put a child in a walker. You should also consider the possible contraindications.
So, to the absolute contraindications include such situations:
- Hip dysplasia.
- The child suffered or has rickets.
- There is an increased or decreased tone.
It is worth limiting the use of the walker if;
- The baby often has diaper rash in the groin area.
- The child is often alone in the crib and does not have the ability to crawl.
- Walkers are too tall for a child.
We go to the store
After examining the question of how many months you can use a walker, and determine the optimal age - 7-8 months, you can safely go shopping.
But when choosing, pay special attention to the design of the walker and additional details.
- The base should be wide enough and certainly wider than the tabletop itself. Thus, the baby will be stably in walkers and will not turn over.
- Often parents are interested in the question of how many months you can put on a walker, and if the baby has already reached the recommended 7–8 months, they make a purchase.But all the kids are different, and it may happen that the baby is tiny and lacking in walkers to the floor. In this case, the walker height adjustment function will be very useful.
- Pay attention to the wheels. They should be fairly large and evenly distributed throughout the base.
- For entertainment karapuza look at the game panel. You can choose a music tabletop and hanging toys. Good panels with various rotating elements. The main thing is to avoid small and unreliable parts.
Psychological aspects of using walkers
Here parents acquired a walker, with how many months you can use, studied. And what next? You can, of course, just put them in the child and go about their business. And you can turn it into an exciting game.
Show your child a new toy, give him the opportunity to crawl and, perhaps, to climb his legs himself, holding on to a walker, like a support. Then put the child in them and call him. The baby intuitively starts to touch the legs. Very soon he will run into them faster than you.
Kids really like the opportunity to move independently around the room.For mental development is very important cognitive activity of the baby. The child, seeing a bright toy, wishes to receive it. But if you do not ask how many months you can put in a walker, and do it too soon, the baby will lose the willingness to overcome difficulties and crawl up.
Of course, after all, everything is simple in a walker - I just pushed off with my legs and drove off. Therefore, it is so important to allow the child more to be on the floor, and to use the walkers for independent entertainment of a toddler for a few minutes a day.
The best option would be to use a walker, putting on the kid's shoes. So there is a high probability that the child will not push off with socks, but put the foot on the entire foot.
If the baby is in a walker, do not go far from him. Be in a walking distance to secure on time.
Do not use walkers near stairs or other dangerous objects such as fireplaces or sills. Having bought a walker, from how many months it is possible to use and how long a child can be in them, every sane parent must master.
Remember! Walkers are not recommended before 7-8 months of age and not more than 40 minutes a day. Moreover, the total time is desirable to divide into two times, for 20 minutes.
And the main thing. Walkers - just my mother's assistant. They are not a necessary accessory and certainly will not teach a child to walk.