VAZ-2114: adjust the clutch do it yourself
Adjusting the clutch VAZ-2114 is carried out after replacing the drive mechanism, basket, disc, service life of all components depends on how you used to drive. If the manner is aggressive, then the resource will be much lower than with quiet movement.
Very often when buying parts come across poor quality products. And most often forged imported parts. In the event that the engine is standard on the car, no experiments were performed on it, no tuning was carried out, it is better to install stock elements.
This part has the biggest resource, it wears out much slower than the driven disk. If you look at the design, you can see that the basket is the master disk. It is mounted on the flywheel. Before adjusting the clutch VAZ-2114, you must install new components of this mechanism. Otherwise, the pedal stroke will be very large, and the overall performance is extremely low.
Fixed basket flywheel with bolts.When installing the drive drive, be sure to use the new bolts, the old ones cannot be installed, as they have a worn thread. Tightening is done crosswise. Only in this case, you will achieve that the basket is established exactly, not skewed in any direction.
Around the input shaft are metal petals, they rest their tips on the surface of the release bearing. When adjusting the clutch VAZ-2114 do-it-yourself adjust the position of this release bearing on the primary shaft.
Clutch disc and bearing
These are elements of the system that most often fail. Using the release bearing, the force is transmitted from the plug, which is installed in the crankcase, to the drive plate petals. In this case, the plug is connected to the pedal with a cable. On the primary shaft installed slave drive. With the help of friction linings, it engages with the basket. When the clutch pedal is released, the master and slave discs are clamped and the entire torque is transmitted from the engine crankshaft to the gearbox.
Some motorists change only the driven disk. But this is not entirely correct; it is much more efficient to install a completely new set.The release bearing can easily collapse due to wear due to excessive forces that act on it. After the repair, it is necessary to adjust the cable tension.
What do you need to do before replacing the clutch?
Before you carry out the correct adjustment of the clutch VAZ-2114, you need to make a complete repair. It is desirable that all work was carried out on a pit or overpass. Otherwise, repairs may be delayed for a long time. At the VAZ-2114 you can not remove the box to replace the clutch disc and release bearing. It is enough to take the gearbox housing a short distance from the engine to dismantle the basket and clutch disc.
Preparation for repair
Before repair, perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Completely drain the oil from the gearbox. Look at its condition, replace if necessary.
- Install wheel chocks under the rear wheels.
- Loosen the front wheel mount.
- The front of the car must be installed on supports.
- The key to 17 unscrew the mounting bolts of the bracket, which is the clutch cable.
Photo adjustment clutch VAZ-2114 can be found with the article.This work should be carried out after the installation of new elements. The main thing is to lower the pedal at a distance of 12-14 cm from the floor. But first you need to remove the gearbox and put a new clutch kit. For this you need:
- Unscrew and fasten the air filter housing.
- Disconnect the starter from the power supply system.
- Remove the three bolts that secure the starter housing to the clutch housing.
- On the back of the gearbox you will find a negative wire mount. Unscrew the nut with which it is bolted.
- In the same place unscrew a speedometer drive cable.
Under the car you need to perform the following manipulations:
- Disconnect the link from the gearbox.
- Disconnect the plug from the rear speed sensor.
- Remove the tie rod on the left side using a special puller.
- Use the key 17 to unscrew the two bolts that secure the ball bearing to the lower control arm.
- Remove the left inner grenade from the gearbox housing. In its place, put a stub, even a tightly folded newspaper.
- Then remove the second grenade.
- Remove the three bolts securing the gearbox to the engine block and one nut.
- Key 17 unscrew all the bolts that are used for mounting pillows.
After all these manipulations, you will be able to remove the gearbox. Only after the final dismantling will you gain access to the clutch mechanism. Please note that on the primary shaft there is a release bearing, it must be changed.
You need to do the following:
- Remove all six bolts that secure the old basket. If you do not plan to re-install it, then the order of unscrewing the bolts does not matter. But if you want to install it again, you need to unscrew the bolts crosswise.
- Remove the basket and the slave drive.
- Clean the flywheel surface from contamination.
- Install a bushing in the flywheel hole. After that, put on her slave drive and a basket.
- Align the basket with the holes and add all the bolts.
- The bolts are tightened crosswise, no need to do more than two or three turns at a time.
- After final tightening, the guide is removed.
- A new release bearing is mounted on the input shaft.If necessary, you can cover it with a thin layer of lubricant.
- If necessary, replace the clutch fork.
Pay attention to the condition of the bronze bushing necessary for the operation of the starter. If it has worn out, it is best to replace it at this stage.
After that, you can start assembling the power unit. Install the gearbox in place, lock it on the pillows. After fixing, you can collect all the other attachments.
Replacing and adjusting the drive cable
It may seem like a fairy tale, but installing a new cable will allow you to achieve a smooth engagement of the clutch, as well as reduce the free wheeling. When this mechanism is worn, the cable is stretched, as a result, the pedal free stroke increases, it is pressed much worse. Replacement is performed fairly quickly. To do this you will need:
- Loosen the bracket for the adjusting nuts on the bracket.
- Remove the end of the cable from the clutch fork.
- The second edge must be removed from the pedal. To do this, remove the locking plate.
Install the new cable in the reverse order. When adjusting the clutch pedal VAZ-2114, it is important to achieveso that the distance from its lower part to the floor is no more than 160 mm. The adjustment is made with the help of two nuts, which are on the bracket near the fork. They allow you to change the length of the working part of the cable.