The best programs for cutting music. How to make a ringtone for mobile: simple software for cutting music
Today, music cutting programs are needed not only by DJs and presenters. They will be needed if you like the song and want to turn it into a ringtone for mobile, or when you need to make a presentation, but the whole melody is not needed, or when you are making a home video album. Do not be afraid, trim the track - this is a simple and quick thing, if you select the desired program.
How is work going?
The interface of each program has its own distinctive features, but in general the process consists of the following steps:
- Download the original audio track through the standard file selection window (in some cases by dragging the object with the mouse). If it is of poor quality, then even professional programs for cutting music will not be able to fix it, and the end result will be the same or lower.
- Designation of the desired start and end of the track.
- The choice of format, quality of the result.
- Confirm selection, pruning.
- Saving data with a new name or another address.
The best programs for cutting music
In the processing of audio tracks there is no such an unambiguous giant as Photoshop among photo editors. Of the industry leaders can be called such programs for cutting music:
- Sound Forge. This is a professional editor from Sony that allows you to edit sound files, record sound, apply various effects, save the result in many formats. The program supports processing not only mono, stereo and multichannel tracks. For specific needs, you can install separate plugins.
- Audition - a program from Adobe, also allows you to cut, glue audio files, record sound from a microphone or musical instrument. At the same time, it will improve the recording quality, suppress noise, and for special tasks there will always be the right plugin.
Of course, these two programs have a very large number of functions, they are often recommended in the thematic forums. But for the average user this can be a significant drawback.You will have to spend some time to get comfortable, as well as these are paid products. So if you don’t plan to process audio files often, then you should consider whether you need these professional editors.
Simple and fast
Amateur programs for cutting music will allow you to make a ringtone quickly and easily. These include:
- Mp3DirectCut is surprisingly “light” (the size of the installation file is only 300 Kb), but it’s a functional free program. After a quick and easy installation, you will receive an editor that will allow you to cut out the desired part of the sound track, remove silence or a long introduction, add “growth” and “attenuation” of music at the beginning and end of the track. All this - without loss of quality, compared to the source, and with a minimum load on the system. With all its ease the program copes with large files. The interface is simple and uncluttered, you will not need to deal with it for a long time.
- MP3 Cutter is another small free program. Unlike the previous one, it does not know how to normalize the sound and is available only in English, but otherwise it has the same functionality, plus it allows you to glue audio fragments.
- Free AudioDub is a free utility with an interesting feature: it does not save the selected fragment, but deletes it.Therefore, when working, you will not choose the right piece of the track, but cut off the excess.
Simple programs for cutting music that allow you to perform only basic functions do not even need to download and install on your computer. Just open a certain website, wait a little while it is loaded, and you can get to work. The process of downloading the source file and downloading the result may take about a minute, but then you do not need to install programs that you will use once a month. And if you want to make a new ringtone, you can not only on your computer, but wherever there is only Internet.