Site indexing in search engines: preparation, testing and acceleration
Site indexing in search engines - the process of processing a web resource and entering information received from it into a special database by robots (hereinafter referred to as bots). It is necessary so that users can easily find your resource on the web for any search queries. If you do not take any measures for its implementation, improvement and acceleration, your resource, most likely, no one will ever see. But first things first.
Why do we need indexing?
Indexing is a very important process at the stage of site promotion. Timely completed, it allows you to solve several tasks at once:
- take a worthy place in search engines;
- attract search traffic to the resource;
- attract partners to exchange links, and shopping - customers;
- improve the behavioral factor (works if the content on the site is really useful, and not consisting of gibberish);
In addition, bots during indexing can identify violations of the rules of existing search engines and apply measures. For example, block a resource or send it under a filter, thereby slightly reducing competition on the web.
What could she be?
Indexing a site in Yandex or Google can be done in two different ways:
- Robots independently determine the latest pages on the resource. This method is only good if other resources already link to your site. Otherwise, the arrival of bots can be waited indefinitely.
- Manual method. You yourself add links to your resource in the Google Yandex and Google addurilki. The method is simple, understandable. Allows a young site to quickly "stand in line" and indexed.
But whatever the chosen method, it is necessary to properly prepare the site for indexing in search engines. About how to do this, we will tell a little below.
How often does the treatment take place?
Indexing a site in Yandex and other search engines can take up to a whole month. But this period can be significantly reduced, literally up to a couple of hours. To do this, it is necessary to lay out on the resource every day at least one quality article and add links to them in the ad-urilka.However, this will be enough only if you have carried out all the necessary work to improve and speed up your portal.
What are the requirements of search engines?
For a resource to be indexed as quickly and efficiently as possible, it must meet the following search engine requirements:
- be adapted for viewing on mobile phones and computers;
- load quickly (it should literally do it in 2 seconds or less);
- have a competent linking (links from one page of the site to another);
- have a competent structure (the distance of each page from the main page - no more than 3 clicks);
- be frequently updated useful for users of materials.
As for online stores, each product in it must have its own page, description and photo. It would also be good to place a block of links to similar products somewhere below the description (very useful for improving the conversion!).
How to prepare a site for indexing?
This can be done by internal and external optimization. In particular, you need to do the following:
- Choose the correct domain name. Best of all, if its name will include the main keyword. Desired length is up to 12 characters.
- Choose a reliable hosting. It should be fast and clear, work without interruption and not interfere with indexation. One of the best is beget.ru.
- Use responsive design. If you are using a template, look to see it well on tablets, cell phones and computers. It should also not contain any hidden links.
- Create a robots.txt. This file shows robots which pages can and cannot be indexed. The setup is difficult, so it is better to entrust it to specialists.
- Create a site map. Even two: the first should be in .xml format (for search bots), the second - in .html (for people). Make them easier. For mapping, even invented special plugins. For example, Wordpress is the WP Sitemap Page and the notorious experienced webmasters of Google XML Sitemaps from Arne Brachhold.
- Compose a semantic core (S) - this is a list of search phrases that your users will later find on your site. In principle, this work needs to be done before domain registration and hosting. And, of course, even before checking the indexing of the site in search engines.
- Write texts taking into account words from SJ and optimize pictures. Articles should be written optimized, not forgetting the new algorithm from Yandex, Korolev. Images prior to uploading to a resource should preferably be compressed without loss of quality.This can be done with the help of special services.
- Write all important meta tags. In particular, Title (title of the article, length - up to 80 characters) and Description (short description, length - up to 200 characters). In the descriptor, it is important to include the most important keyword in a diluted form.
- Leave links to authoritative resources (external optimization!). There are only 2 rules: the donor site must be really thematic, and the link is eternal.
- Create a group for the site in social networks and post links to new posts there.
- Confirm the rights to your resource and put it in the queue for indexing. This can be done through the panel of webmasters Yandex or Google.
Even before you check the indexing site "Yandex", you need to speed up the loading of the resource. All recommendations on how to do this are worth looking at developers.google.com/speed/ or another similar resource.
What else needs to be done?
When creating a site, it is also important to abandon the use of flash-files (they are subject to restrictions), broken internal links (they should be periodically identified and eliminated), unnecessary blocks and information. It is recommended to move all secondary widgets to the bottom of the page, and hide the information from bots via Robots.txt by writing special tags.And another thing: it’s worthwhile to post a site for indexing only after the end of development and at least a small amount of material (all important pages + 20-30 unique and competent articles).
What exactly is not worth doing?
Some smart webmasters have resorted to using black and gray SEO tools. In particular, they buy thousands of links, twist behavioral factors, post guest articles and posts (Google is now punishing it!), Spread spam on forums and other people's blogs with links to the portal, post invisible links and keywords on the pages of their site, automatically create a large number of videos for his promotion and make automatic link exchange. If you want your site to be long lived and indexed by search engines, never do anything from the above. Otherwise, the ban and getting under the filters can not be avoided.
How to check the indexing site "Yandex"?
The easiest way is to go to a search engine page and enter into the window a request of the form site: site.ru, where site.ru is the address of your domain. If the resource pages are in the list, they will be shown. The second method is to go to the page https://webmaster.yandex.ru/ and go to the “Site Indexing” section - “Pages in search”.Here you can see which pages were included and which were excluded and why. Check through Google is carried out in a similar way. You can also use special online services. Now there are a lot of them, it just does not make sense to list everything.
How to speed up site processing by bots?
If, when checking the site indexation, you saw that the resource pages are still not in the search engines, do not worry. Portal processing bots can be accelerated. To do this, simply follow all the recommendations above. A plus:
- add texts with links to the resource in the article directories (choose verified!);
- leave links to question and answer services (be careful not to be considered as spam!);
- leave comments in high-quality blogs of similar subjects (they should not be abandoned!);
- leave a link to your resource on a popular forum (the only “but” is that your profile should be downloaded here, otherwise the moderators will delete the link);
- put a pass-through link from one blog to another;
- use the “Pages Traversal” service from “Yandex” (it is necessary to indicate the addresses of those pages that you think should be quickly indexed by bots).
In addition, for fast site promotion, you can use special services. Of all free today, the best is SeoPult.
Is it possible to prohibit processing?
Sometimes you want to close the site from indexing. For example, when creating or initial filling. Of course, we would not recommend to do this, since the resource after it will be worse indexed (already tested!). But if you really need it, you should know: this can be done through Robots.txt. It is enough to register such instruction in this file:
* Disallow: /
Immediately after that, all search engines will start to bypass your site. And, by the way, for the site on Wordpress there is another opportunity to prohibit indexing - through the control panel. You need to go to "Settings" and put a tick in front of the sentence "Ask the search engines ..." as in the picture.
As a conclusion
Now you know how to speed up, ban and check the site indexing by “Yandex” for free. However, if, with all your efforts and efforts, it is either slowed down or does not occur at all, pay attention to the following: is everything correctly written in sitemap.xml or robots.txt, is the resource loading fast enough, is it well viewed on mobile, not too Do errors often occur on services?And also can the bot get to the portal and whether all the posted information is available to it. When correcting such errors, everything will get better.