Respirator for painting: description and characteristics
As a result of many production processesactivities in the air are emitted harmful to human health impurities. Their chemical composition and concentration can be extremely dangerous, especially for painting. To protect the respiratory organs from negative effects and eliminate poisoning by harmful substances, the industry produces respirators.
Types of respirators
Respiratory protection during the implementation of manufacturing processes associated with the release of toxic substances into the air, there are different:
- Against dust, steam and gas.
- Anti-aerosol respirator for painting. It is used in the manufacture of work related to the spraying of paint.
- Combined. Have universal properties. Purify the air from pollution of various origins. These are the most reliable masks, but their cost is high.
Depending on the application, respiratorsproduced for various needs: military, industrial, medical, domestic. For the production of painting works using a spray gun, a respirator is used for painting. The filter must match its type. Powder painting respirator - anti-aerosol. Working with a water-based substance, the same type of mask is used, but with additional protection from steam of organic origin.
The combination of respirators into groups depends on:
- From their appointment, that is from what harmfulsubstances need to protect the respiratory system: dust, gas or both. Respirators of this category are used for painting works, including when painting cars.
- From the design. Depending on the nature of the work, a respirator is chosen in which there is or is not a breathing valve.
- From the period of use, distinguish masksdisposable or reusable. In the respirators of the first version the filter is not removed, it is firmly fixed. After blockage, the entire mask is completely disposed of. Reusable models are better, since the filter must be replaced when contaminated.
- From the type of protection mechanism.
How to choose a respirator for painting?
You need to buy it personally in order not to be mistaken. Preliminarily, the face is measured from the largest depression on the bridge of the nose to the lowest point on the chin. After choosing the model, the mask is inspected for defects. If everything is in order and there are no malfunctions, the fitting is done.
The edges to the face must be sealed, notcausing discomfort. Buckles that fix the position of the respirator on the face must have a normal tension. It is better to choose a model where they will be regulated. It is important that moisture does not accumulate inside the mask, since there is no way to weather it. If this happens during the production process, you need to get out of the danger zone, remove the respirator from your face, remove all moisture with a soft cloth, put it on again and then return to your workplace.
Painting a car using a respirator
Any kind of it is designed toProtect the respiratory system. The means of protection are used in different industries, including those related to the painting work. In everyday life, almost all men face this. In most cases, choose a respirator for painting a car brand 3M. The principle of operation is simple - inhaled contaminated air is first purified in a filter, and then gets into the lungs. The protective agent is a light version of the gas mask.
The respirator for painting cars happens:
- Half mask. The filter elements (cartridges) of this version are attached to the device.
- The respirator and filter are a single unit. You do not need to attach anything.
Filtering respirators 3M: basic types
The remedies differ according to thescope, type of filter, the absence or presence of a breathing valve, the level of protection, the frequency of use, and much more. This is a complex classification, some types of respirators, included in it, are most popular for work in conditions characterized by too polluted air.
- Respirator for painting standard. The degree of protection is different. High-quality polymer fibers are used to produce the filter layer. In such a mask, neither organic fumes nor aerosol dispersions are scary.
- Respirator specialized. The degree of protection is high. In the respiratory tract, smoke from welding, organic steam, industrial dust, ozone do not enter.
- Respirator for painting with two or threepanels, it is called volumetric. Degree of protection is high. The 3M exhalation valve has many varieties. The means of protection is intended for work in mines, on chemical and metalworking production, in mechanical engineering.
- Respirator folding series 3M species Aura 9300. It reliably protects the lungs from harmful impurities in the air. Very compact, so it's easy to store.
3M Respirators: Benefits
These respiratory protective devices are notthey let into the lungs of a person substances harmful to them. This is achieved through filtration, which is carried out in a special way: mechanical and electronic technology is used. The respirator for painting 3M, some of its models, can protect the face from overheating and accumulation of moisture.
- These masks are very comfortable, and their design is ergonomic. They are comfortable to wear, since they tightly fit to the mouth and nose, do not create obstacles for breathing and talking.
- Individual models have several sizes.
- If the filter is dirty, it can always be replaced, which greatly prolongs the life of the filter.
- Respirators are convenient to transport and store, as collapsible masks are manufactured.
- Models 3M produce different types, necessary for different industries.
Application of 3M respirators
Their use is mandatory in harmful industrial processes that poison the air. High-quality respirators under the 3M brand are used:
- In the engineering industry, when the metal is painted by spraying.
- In the chemical industry, where work processes are associated with resins, adhesives, paint and varnish materials.
- In agriculture, when processing plants with various fertilizers.
- In the metallurgical industry when processing metals with chemicals.