Physiotherapy with spinal hernia: a set of exercises
Physiotherapy with a herniated spineis designed to improve the condition of the patient and cure his illness. Also, using the necessary procedures, you can strengthen the muscles and stretch the spine. The complex of exercises (physiotherapy exercises) can be prescribed by the attending physician in order to prevent diseases of all parts of the back corset.
What is a spinal hernia?
Hernia is a severe form of displacementintervertebral disc, characterized by the manifestation of severe pain, which can significantly reduce the quality of life. This is a serious disease, and it is important not to run it, because a chronic hernia requires surgical intervention. Nevertheless, physical therapy with herniated spine is very useful. It can reduce attacks of pain and even eliminate the need for surgery.
What is exercise therapy
This is a set of exercises, depending on the stage of the disease and the problem area of the spine. Individual abilities of a person, features of his physical condition, age are also taken into account.
Goals of exercise therapy
LFK (therapeutic exercise) is not so muchpreventive measure, because it is not suitable for everyone. This is rather a rehabilitation measure, which requires an individual approach for each patient. For the successful completion of the rehabilitation period, persistence and patient restraint is necessary, since some exercises can be given with great difficulty, but they are necessary.
Physiotherapy with a herniated spineIt is designed to relieve muscle spasms, to ensure proper blood flow. And also improve the metabolism of the soft tissues of the back, restore and strengthen the muscles of the bone structure.
Rules for doing exercises
Therapeutic exercise for the back has its own nuances. Before performing these exercises, you need to remove the pain syndrome. It is also necessary to follow all the rules given in the instructions, as doing the exercises incorrectly will not be of use and can even do much harm.
What you need to pay attention to
Physiotherapy with a herniated spinerequires an attentive attitude to their feelings. It is necessary to perform only those exercises that do not worsen the condition and do not bring pain. Since the protrusion of the spinal disc can happen either way, doctors strongly recommend to use only special items, which do not bring much inconvenience, because they are really useful in your condition.
However, it happens that physical education atintervertebral hernia provides mild discomfort. In this case, exercise should be done very carefully and carefully. But if they cause a sharp pain in the back area, they need to stop applying until the moment when your condition improves slightly. If after some time of training you repeat this exercise, and it will not be too heavy and painful for you - you are moving in the right direction.
During the first training session, avoid positions,which are the performance of "twisting of the trunk", as well as active sports and other physical activities that involve jumping. Do not allow sharp jerks and bumps in the back.
Therapeutic exercise with hernia requires regularexercises, namely the performance of exercises from 2 to 6 times throughout the day. Distribute different lots from the complex at different times: morning, afternoon and evening. Do not make sharp movements and do not apply force to places where there are problems with the spine, begin training with a minimum amplitude and load. Increase them gradually.
Do not try to heal in one day, becauseyou will not be able to "fix" all vertebrae and discs so quickly. Restore your health gently, gradually increasing blood circulation in the unhealthy part of the back.
Gymnastics for the intervertebral hernia
Physical training in vertebral hernia involves the following exercises:
- The first exercise is done in the position of lying onstomach. Accept the starting position: keep both legs slightly divorced. Bend your knees, grasp the ankles with your hands and pull them toward the head. This exercise will not work for you the first time, but you should try to do it because it strengthens the spine, makes it more flexible.
- The following example is a bit like the previous one. Starting position: lie on your stomach, bring your heels together. Smoothly lift the case, throwing your head back. If you feel the tension around the navel - you are doing everything right. This position is especially useful to people suffering from a hernia in the lumbar region, cervical and thoracic.
- Then we work on the bottom partthe spine. Lie on your stomach, slowly lift your hips from the floor. Pull your arms forward, lift the trunk, pull the neck forward and up. Bend as far as possible.
- Now we stretch the muscles and improve the blood circulation. To do this, you need to kneel so that the hips are parallel to the floor. Bend forward with your hands and head on the floor.
- Stand on the "Bridge". If you need outside assistance for this, ask your relatives about it. This will strengthen the spine and improve its nutrition.
- Then lie on your back, hands at the seams. Raise your legs and hips, bend your legs in the knee joints and with your toes, stretch to the floor behind your head. If you manage to do this exercise, hold this position for 8 seconds. Then go back to normal and relax.
- Stand on your feet and put them in this way,so that they are as wide as possible. Bend the leg and place the foot on the hip of the second leg. Stretch your arms above your head and connect your hands. Put your foot on your toe and stretch your whole body. This way you will correct the posture and remove the tension at the bottom of the back.
- Next, stand on your feet, place them widely in theside. Lean sideways, reach with one hand to the ankle, and pull the other up. Now in the other direction. Thus, you can stretch the spine and become more flexible.
Therapeutic gymnastics with the intervertebral hernia strengthens the main muscles, reducing pressure on the spine.
What does physical education give
LFK will strengthen muscles, increase theiractivity, as well as stimulate the human immune system. During the recovery period, you need to pay special attention to the exercises, because then they give the maximum effect and benefit, helping to restore health.
Positions for different parts of the spine
- If the problem is hidden in the thoracic areaspine, you can start treatment even in the office. All you need is a chair with a strong back. Put your hands on the back of your head and bend back so that you can feel the upper edge of the back of the chair with your spine. Further calmly get out of the trough and lean forward. Do the exercise 3 to 4 times.
- If you have a low backache - lie on your back, put your hands at the seams, stretch your legs. Slowly lift the body up, hold for 10 seconds and smoothly drop the body onto the floor. Perform 10-15 times.
- With a hernia of the cervical spine, sit on a chair, place your arms at the seams, turn your head 5-10 times to the right and left.
Any set of exercises has contraindications,and therapeutic exercise with vertebral hernia is no exception. You can not even perform light physical exertion in the acute period of the disease, with chronic diseases, bleeding, or cardiac disorders.