Krylov's fable "The Bear and the Desert": an obliging fool is more dangerous than the enemy
Krylov's fables "The Crow and the Fox", "Swan, Pike andCancer "and many others are familiar to everyone. They are small verse works in which the author derides and denounces a certain human defect. We offer you to familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of Krylov's fable "The Bear and the Desert", in which the stupidity and inability to choose friends are subjected to a mockery. It is interesting that a similar plot can be found in the work of another fabulist, Lafontaine.
Krylov's fable "The Bear and the Desert" hasrather simple linear plot. So, the Desert - a resident of the desert - tired of his loneliness, went to the forest to get acquainted with neighbors and start a friendship with them. However, who can survive in more often than not wild animals? Indeed, towards the desert came a bear, which the author calls Mishka or Mishuk. There is nothing to do, the desert man decides to make an acquaintance with him. Newly-made friends spend all the time together, both are not talkative, and, as the fabulist says, dirty linen was not taken out.
The friendship was short-lived. During the walk with his new friend the lonely was tired and, on Mishka's advice, lay down to rest under a tree. Alas, a fly sat on his cheek. And the simple-minded bear, having decided to save his friend, lifted a heavy cobblestone and struck a man on the head, cutting his skull. This is the plot of a small work. But what did the author want to convey to his readers? Let's figure it out.
The whole fable of Krylov "The Bear and the Desert" is built on the interaction of two characters, made in its name. This is a bear and a resident of the desert. The images are written very briefly, but in a capacious manner:
- So, a person is told that he is "lonely, "tired of a solitary existence. Although after a few stanzas the author derides this character as well - he was so eager for communication, and after meeting with the bear we learn that the lonely is silent and terse. Why did he search for such a person with such insistence?
- The second key character is a bear. He is shown rather good-natured, also uncommunicative, but sincerely loved the person who made him company. About this hero says only that he is "big." And, as the subsequent narrative shows, this characteristic is in the form of a key one.
Both images are collective, Krylov is notnames names, so any mask can hide under the masks of a bear and a desert man. However, this feature is inherent in the work of the great fabulist, for which we appreciate it. So, in the fable "The Bear and the Desert" Krylov drew two capacious images - a lonely man who was tired of his seclusion, but already so accustomed to him that he forgot how to live speech, and the bear giant, not malicious, but also silent. And both characters are imbued with sympathy for each other. If the image of the desert remains static, then the figure of the bear undergoes evolution:
- At the first meeting with a person, he is simply "big."
- Next - stretches his paw to a new acquaintance, that is, shows friendliness.
- Then he becomes attached to him.
- During the walk he takes care.
- Finally, he tries to help and accidentally kills a friend.
Stupidity is symbolized at once by both heroes: and a man who confided in a wild big animal, which, although sympathetic, but unable to cope with its inner essence, and a bear who wanted to help, but only harmed. This is the meaning of the well-known expression "a disservice".
"The Hermit and the Bear" - Krylov's fable, moralitywhich is prescribed at the very beginning. The work teaches us to choose friends more carefully, because "an obliging fool is more dangerous than an enemy". The fabulist advises to use the help of only those who will not harm their efforts. So, the unfortunate loner became a victim of an obliging bear, who only wanted to help him, but did not think, calculated strength and accidentally killed a friend. Therefore, we must carefully approach the choice of friends and sincerely appreciate those whom they have chosen. This Krylov and interesting - in a small volume poetic text, he was able to highlight the most important problem of human stupidity.