Kotovnik "Fassena": description, variety, photo. Planting and care, cultivation
For those who want to grow only amazing and original flowers in their beds, it is suggested to get acquainted with such a plant as the cattery "Fassin". We describe in detail not only popular varieties, but also tell you about the care and planting.
Let's start to get acquainted with the flower closer. Kotovnik has the following characteristics:
- its height can reach about 50 cm;
- blooms from early summer to mid-autumn;
- Buds can be lilac, purple, lavender and white;
- the plant has a pleasant aroma that attracts cats;
- considered a good honey plant;
- corolla size about 18 cm.
Intends for cultivation in an average and southern strip. The ideal temperature for planting and adapting a plant should be between 16 and 21 degrees.
There are a large number of species of such a flower.Consider the most interesting representatives.
If you want long and bright flowerbeds, which will last until late autumn, then choose the cattle "Fassen". The varieties below will help you familiarize yourself with some of the main types before you buy:
- "Crisis". These include varieties such as Little Titch and Odeur Citron. Their distinctive feature is the color of the buds, which can be pink, blue or white. The height of the bush varies in the range of 15-40 cm. Flowering lasts all summer and ends only in late autumn.
- "Mussini." This variety is considered undersized. Plant height does not exceed 20 cm. The flowers are purple and bright blue. Blossoming period from May to September.
- "Large-flowered." This group includes such varieties as "Wildcat", "Ballet" and "Mikael". This species is distinguished by the height of bushes, which can reach from 50 to 150 cm. The buds have a pronounced violet-blue color. Flowering lasts from June to September.
- "Siberian". The height of the plant is 60-100 cm. This variety is easily confused with the large-flowered species, only the buds of its purple color. The period of active growth from June to September.
- "Zhilkovaty."This variety is different from all the others in its riot of colors. The buds can be pink, blue and white. Pleases with its beauty not for long. Only from July to August. Plant height is not more than 25 cm.
- "Kokand". If you want to decorate a flower bed for a while, then you can plant this undersized variety of catnip. Its height is from 10 to 40 cm. The flowers are purple hue.
The cattle "Fassin" closes our list. Description of the variety will help you to find out whether the plant is suitable for you or not. Moving on to the next important point.
Growing catnip is easy, but you can meet with some difficulties. To ensure that everything went well, you should use the following recommendations:
- Landing is made in the soil fertilized with humus. If there is no manure, you can use complex fertilizers.
- Kotovnik "Fassena" takes root on any soil.
- Place under the plant, you can choose the sun. Also suitable a small penumbra.
This plant takes root on any soil. Now you should pay attention to the question of how to properly save the flower for many years.
It is known that the catnip is famous for its unpretentiousness.But if you want to get large and bright flowers, then you should find a sunny place. If you planted catnip seedlings, then you can wait for the results in the first year of life. From seeds you will wait for flowering only in the next season. Further care consists of the following items:
- Watering is necessary only on request. Easily tolerates severe drought.
- The soil must be loosened. This is especially true of catnip, which is grown for internal use.
- After flowering in the autumn period, humus or compost must be introduced.
- If you plant a catnip for cutting, it is necessary to fertilize the soil with minerals.
- In the second half of the summer, after cutting, leave long stems, which will help the catnip to winter well in the future.
Want to see what the Fassen Catnip is, the photo below will help you with this. The plant can decorate not only flowerbeds, but paths and orchards. Distantly, the plant resembles lavender, and a mint smell will fill your garden with aroma.
Now that you know what the Fassen catnip is, which is easy to plant and care for, we offer to familiarize yourself with the use of the plant.
Until now, not everyone knew what a catnip is, but even fewer people realize its purpose. Kotovnik "Fassin" is grown for the following purposes:
- Medical. First of all, it is worth mentioning that the plant can increase heart contractions by about 40%. Infusion of this herb helps to get rid of inflammation in the throat and normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract. For people with a weak nervous system and frequent depressions, an infusion of catnip is indicated. And finally, remember that with its help you can clean the blood.
- Edible. Freshly cut leaves of the catnip are used as seasoning for salting and pickling fish. It is also the perfect complement to meat and poultry.
Today you met with such an amazing plant as the cattle "Fassin". Growing a flower is simple, but you get a lot of benefits. Only when applying it is necessary to adhere to some nuances.
There is a certain group of people who are not recommended to use the catnip. These include:
- People with tachycardia.
- It is strictly forbidden to use during pregnancy and lactation.
- Individual intolerance.
- The grass consists of a large number of components. Because of this, allergic reactions can occur.
- Before using tinctures and decoctions, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Novice flower growers often wonder how to get rid of the constant influx of cats. After all, the cattle "Fassin" strongly attracts these animals. Experienced gardeners are advised to plant valerian near the plant. She will attract fluffy couch potatoes to her. There are some more recommendations:
- the catnip is considered to be the ideal neighbor for roses, as it repels aphids well;
- on a bed it is ideally combined with gypsophila, chamomile, enotery and various coniferous plantations;
- experienced gardeners plant feline grass next to greenhouses, where you need to attract a large number of bees for pollination of vegetable crops.
Today we told you about catnip, examined the most interesting varieties and learned how to grow it properly. Now you know that they can not only decorate flowerbeds, but also be used for therapeutic and culinary purposes. And if you need to save other plants from various fungal diseases and insects, then you will not find a better neighbor.