Internet marketing is what is it?
no longer represents their lives without the Internet. But the World Wide Web is actively used not only ordinary users. The Internet is a global medium for implementing such key marketing points:
- product or service to be sold;
- price, which is the coefficient of exchange of a product for money;
- place or point of sale, which is the site;
- promotion, which includes various schemes and methods that contribute to the formation of a positive opinion about the product.
Features of modern business
Anyone, even the most successful commercial project, needs to expand the field of activity. That is why almost every modern company has its own representation on the Internet.
It is a full-fledged resource, blog or page. However, creating a website and filling it with informational content is not enough to ensure an increase in sales. Such a resource is not a guarantee that the company will receive an automatic increase in popularity.With the created site should be focused work, consisting of its promotion, SEO-promotion and increase conversion. All these questions are in the competence of specialists in online marketing.
Internet marketing is a combination of various techniques in the Global Network, which are aimed at drawing attention to the product or service being sold by the company, as well as at promoting the created website so that it can be successfully promoted in order to sell.
How do modern dictionaries clarify this concept? When reading the definition given in them, it becomes clear that Internet marketing is the practice of using various elements and aspects of traditional product promotion, carried out in the network space. The main objective of such events is to obtain the maximum effect from working with potential users of the site and increase their flow.
The strategy used by modern internet marketing involves staged work. As a result, the company must determine the needs of the audience,with the ways of creating and promoting content, as well as with the possibilities of involving site visitors in the active process of purchasing the proposed product. To do this, integrated Internet marketing uses all currently existing channels for the promotion of resources and advertising.
However, he uses the following tools:
- SEO-optimization, i.e. promotion in search engines;
- e-mail newsletter;
- advertising in social networks;
- contextual advertising;
- banner advertising;
- traffic arbitrage
All of the above Internet marketing tools are effective tools that have proven in practice to be effective in solving the problem of attracting customers. Their use allows you to:
- increase traffic to the site;
- launch the promotion and sale of new products and services;
- increase brand awareness;
- strengthen the image of the company.
Consider the tools that uses integrated Internet marketing, more.
This internet marketing tool works selectively. Contextual ads see only those visitors who have this product is of interest.These are ads that appear on the basis of the content of the web page opened on the Internet. When using this tool highlight the concept of content marketing. It is a set of activities aimed at optimizing the content of the site, as well as the selection of advertising, corresponding to its direction.
An example of contextual advertising can serve as a proposal to the user of supplements for sports nutrition when viewing articles on bodybuilding. Such technologies of Internet marketing allow advertising to cover only the target audience, and not to act blindly.
This internet marketing tool allows you to form a strong association of a symbol of a particular brand with a product or service offered by a resource visitor. Under the banner refers to the graphic images that are on sites and advertise a particular product. However, they can be static and look like a normal picture or animated, that is moving, in flash or gif format.
Recently, several other varieties of this tool offers Internet marketing.The best and the foremost in the field of banner advertising are interactive pictures. With their help, the user can take any action. For example, solve a math problem by clicking at a given point in the image.
Banner or display advertising begins to give a positive effect after showing a certain amount of images. Consequently, such a tool requires placement on the most visited sites, which are interested in 1,000 or more people per day.
Internet marketing methods involve the use of electronic mail. With this list, trust is established between the firm and its customers. The site can be set "contact capture form." These are offers to subscribe to updates appearing on a resource, or to provide useful free information in exchange for an e-mail and username. At the same time, the company is forming a subscription base. It is to these addresses that the necessary information is sent later on.
Such a subscription is the most productive and stable method of internet marketing. Reviews of experts say that, despite the emergence of new fashionable tools, such as tweets, likes, etc., e-mail newsletters should not be neglected.This is a fully functional and workable method of internet marketing.
What is this tool? This is a whole range of actions aimed at improving the position of the site in the most popular search engines. SEO optimization is a mandatory stage of internet marketing. Without it, it is impossible to promote commercial projects in the World Wide Web. At the same time, it does not matter at all what direction the goods or services are offered by the site. The main goal is to attract target customers to the resource page.
As a rule, such events are carried out with the help of any type of paid advertising (teaser, banner, etc.). In addition, visitors can be attracted from search engines directly.
SEO Internet marketing services are offered by a variety of companies and studios. However, it should be borne in mind that not each of these firms is able to give a stable result. The promotion of resources on the web should be done efficiently. And this will require holding events for a long time and with the passage of certain obligatory stages. Indeed, the goal of SEO-promotion is not only to increase the number of visitors to the site, but also to attract potential target customers.
Using this resource by internet marketing is very effective. After all, it is due to the specific status of social networks used by a huge number of people on our planet. This allows you to almost infinitely increase the potential consumer audience.
Often social networks are used by network marketing on the Internet, since this resource can produce the following:
- create an official representation (community) for free;
- the client to use the familiar interface, and the company's representatives to act on the site that is comfortable and safe for the user;
- communicate, discuss and consult directly with customers;
- demonstrate the merits of the product with the help of videos or photos uploaded to the resource;
- not to carry out additional registration for participation in the community, but only to express your consent and join this or that group.
With the help of social networks, marketing research, searches for the target audience and the type of content that is most interesting to visitors of the resource can be found out.
Internet marketing of the company can be carried out by creating forums, as well as chat rooms, which are virtual rooms in which an unlimited number of users can communicate with each other in real time. These services have similarities with social resources and lately they have become increasingly important as a means to increase sales.
Internet marketing is a practice in which people often use this technique to make money online. By traffic arbitrage, we understand the sale and purchase of a stream of visitors calling on a specific resource at the best price.
For example, an entrepreneur is the owner of an online store selling certain products. There is also an intermediary who is referred to as “arbitrator” in the network slang. The last of them, applying contextual or other advertising, redirects traffic to an online store resource. At the same time he gets a certain percentage of sales, which comes to him automatically. Like a specialist, each ruble invested in an advertisement brings in three or more rubles of profit. Revenues are clearly good.And everyone can become such a specialist. To do this, it is enough to take Internet marketing courses and become an internet marketer. In the field of activity of such a specialist is the management of statistics, conversions and advertising in the network. The main goal of the work is profit extraction.
Modern business needs new specialists. Not long ago, some 5-10 years ago, everyone, but not professional marketers, was engaged in product promotion on the World Wide Web. To date, these functions are assigned to specialists. Having studied Internet marketing from scratch and reaching professional heights, such people become highly sought-after and highly paid employees in the staff of any company.
In addition, there are dozens of studios and agencies that offer their services to entrepreneurs in the optimization and promotion of online stores, where such specialists work.
Among the tasks of this employee are the following:
- promotion of products and services;
- development of the so-called sales funnel for resources on the web;
- maintaining the image and reputation of the company on the Internet;
- coordinating the work of the resource, as well as the implementation of its modernization;
- preliminary collection and subsequent analysis of the necessary information;
- selection of narrow specialists who are needed to solve marketing problems within an existing project;
- create realizable content.
In this case, the long-term goal of such work is to attract consumers to the site and keep them on the resource. Of course, the question immediately arises: where can I get training for Internet marketing? It is worth saying that today this specialty cannot be obtained at any institute. After all, at the moment, the sphere of activity under consideration is young and dynamic, which has not yet allowed universities to create the necessary base for training highly qualified personnel in this field. That is why training Internet marketers will need to pass on their own. To do this, you can buy special literature, sign up for courses or training in this specialty, or attend paid conferences. However, it should be borne in mind that this path will require the investment of a significant amount of money.What to do as an alternative way?
In order to study Internet marketing from scratch without investing impressive financial resources, you need to:
- Read e-books and tutorials on internet marketing. Such literature will allow you to familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of this subject, to study reference information, and also to understand the basic principles used for marketing online. The advantage of e-books over conventional ones is the lack of value. Free books on internet marketing can be found for people of different levels of training, which will allow you to thoroughly explore the basics of this business.
- Read blogs, industry publications, and internet marketing forums. These sources are classic when training a specialist from scratch. No wonder Internet marketing professionals recommend beginners to turn to these resources. For example, the forums can be found answers to the most pressing issues. With proper use of the search information of interest will certainly be obtained. There are also personal blogs of specialists, which will be for the newcomer the most important source of information.After all, on these pages, the authors often share their experiences and talk about personal research.
- Read overseas websites related to internet marketing issues. This advice concerns those who have decided to become a serious professional in this field. After all, promotion (Internet marketing) originally came to us from the West. A lot of technologies of this direction originated there. And it is not surprising that the news on foreign resources appear the very first. The study of English-language blogs and websites on Internet marketing will allow a specialist to always be aware of emerging innovations and predict developments in the marketing of online sales.
- Take part in webinars and watch educational videos on this topic. All this will allow us to learn new ideas, learn about new internet marketing tools and find out about the existence of some useful points that can greatly facilitate the work. As a rule, webinars are held free of charge, besides there is the possibility of re-viewing them in the recording.
- Attend free or low-cost Internet marketing events.These can be, for example, conferences that will allow not only to learn something new, but also to make useful contacts among professionals in the chosen field of activity.
- Properly use social networks. This resource should serve not only for entertainment or for communication. Social networks are an excellent source of information that can also apply to internet marketing. You can, for example, subscribe to the accounts and pages of companies and people who cover the topics of interest to the beginner. In addition, you can always be in the know and learn about useful and necessary points of work.
- To study offers and tasks published on the freelancers exchanges. This can be a wonderful transition from the study of theory to practice.
It is necessary to regularly review new projects in the selected specialization on the stock exchange, which will provide a large amount of useful information. The latter will make it easier to navigate the most popular services and their cost. In addition, customers often attach various kinds of useful documents to their tasks.These can be short-form job descriptions, technical assignments for promotion, research results, etc. When studying them, you can decide on the gaps available to the as-yet inexperienced specialist to fill them up and start up the activity of the internet marketer fully armed.