How to remove traces of a ballpoint pen with clothes?
Do you have trouble? Are you smearing your t-shirt, jeans, dress or any other clothes with a ballpoint pen? First of all, a thought arises in my head: “Well, you have to throw out your favorite thing!” Actually, it is not necessary to resort to extreme measures. After all, you can get rid of the stains.
Of course, it will not be so easy to remove ink from clothes. So, a logical question is brewing: “How to wash a pen and is it possible at all?” Today there is a huge choice of ways to remove the hateful stain.
You can do this by contacting the experts - dry cleaning, where specialized equipment and professional chemicals will do everything for you. We want to warn in advance that this pleasure is not cheap. Sometimes it's easier to buy new clothes than to spend on dry cleaning.
Another - less costly, but at the same time no less effective way to remove the delivered spot - do it yourself at home, using various means.There may be several options, consider the most popular methods of dealing with ink stains from gel paste formed on clothes.
"Folk" methods of dealing with ink stains
How to wash the handle from clothes with the minimum monetary and temporary losses?
Try the following remedies.
- Talc or crushed chalk.You will need to arrange soiled clothes on a flat surface, evenly apply this or that product to it, cover it with a diaper and put additional weight on top. Wait until the adsorbent is absorbed. To do this, leave the clothes in this state for about 2-3 hours. After that, you will need to wash the dirty thing using a powerful stain remover or a simple laundry soap - your choice.
- Plain salt.Pour salt on contaminated clothing and pour lemon juice on top of the stain. Wait about 1-2 hours when the salt is absorbed into the stain, and then wash it in soapy water. If you decide to remove the ink in this way, then take your time. This technique is suitable exclusively for white things, as lemon juice acts as a bleach.
- Vinegar.This method is actively used by the hostess to clean dirty things. This tool is also great for removing ink gel pens. To do this, you need to prepare a special mixture based on vinegar and cornstarch, put it on the stain, respectively, wait a few hours for this composition to soak, penetrate into the tissues. Then the soiled thing must be washed in the washing machine.
- Regular drinking milk (uvelized).You can remove the stain by soaking the dirty thing in the milk for the whole night. To milk is not sour, you can put it in the fridge. After that, you will need to additionally wash clothes.
- Milk expired.In a basin with soured milk, soak clothes with a stain of gel or ballpoint pen for 20 minutes. After that, rinse the clothes in water and additionally wash in the washing machine.
- Corn starch copes well with ink stains, it has been tested by many people.So how do you wash a pen with starch? Starch must be mixed with milk to obtain a paste and applied to the ink stain. This composition is left on the spot for several hours, and then stretched clothes.
If you doubt one way or another of getting rid of ink stains on clothes, then try more traditional methods — using different medications to remove the dirt from the gel pen. We will talk about this below.
Medical ways to get rid of ink on clothes
Medical products that are freely available at the pharmacy will also help you get rid of ink stains.
There are several popular ways.
- Ammonia mixed with water in equal proportions: 1 tablespoon. Use a cotton pad or a fleece to apply the composition to a stain from a gel or ballpoint pen. To prevent the appearance of stains, it is necessary to apply the resulting composition from the edges to the center. For additional protection of clothing, place any fabric or cotton pad from the inside.
- Acetone and alcohol mixed in equal parts. The solution is applied to the stain of the gel pen, put a fleece, with which you treat the stained surface for about 15 minutes. After this, wash the clothes in clean water, and then with the addition of powder.
- To remove the ingrained stain, apply pure alcohol on it and leave for a few minutes. After this, the stain should disappear without a trace.
- Use ammonia.Apply a few drops of this product to the stain, wait a few minutes. Then rub the spot soaked on the clothes with a damp cloth, napkin or cotton swab. This way you can remove the ink stain in a matter of minutes.
- Try using a 3% peroxide solution, ethyl alcohol and plain water. Apply alcohol, then peroxide to the contaminated place, and then rinse the clothes in plain water.
These are truly effective methods of getting rid of ink stains on your favorite clothes. Try, perhaps, one of them will save your T-shirt or dress from heavy pollution caused by a ball or gel pen.
To get rid of stains of different nature, many people use different chemical compounds (traditional and not quite). What tools will help to cope with ink stains?
- Standard stain removers. You can choose absolutely any manufacturer. They are almost identical in composition. In any store of household chemicals you will be advised on which remedy is right for you. Try one of the powerful stain removers.Apply the stain remover to the contaminated place, and then rinse the clothes and wash thoroughly.
- Apply on the contaminated surface a special tool for the hands, made on the basis of alcohol (it has a disinfecting effect). This composition will help to cope with the most difficult spots without difficulty.
- Hairspray - not the most traditional means of dealing with ink, but still very effective. As part of this tool is also alcohol, which perfectly helps to cope with the most difficult pollution. Apply lacquer to the cloth until it becomes wet. The stain will almost immediately disappear. After this, wash the clothes in a washing machine.
- Apply the toothpaste to the ink stain and massage it a little. This method is not suitable for all tissues, but in most cases it works. Do not forget to wash the thing cleared of spots.
- Another non-standard way - the composition prepared on the basis of dishwashing detergent, vinegar and warm water. Mix these ingredients in the following proportions: half a teaspoon of a remedy, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a liter of water.Soak soiled clothes for half an hour, and then wash.
- If you have stained suede fabric in a ballpoint or gel pen, use sandpaper.
- In case of severe contamination, it is recommended to dry the clothes.