How to remove the application from iphone: 3 ways
IPhone is considered to be a smartphone with the most intuitive and intuitive interface. How to work with this gadget, you can easily figure out without detailed instructions. However, some procedures still cause difficulty for users who have recently become owners of such a device. For example, how to remove an application from an iPhone? We will answer the question and dedicate the material. Recommendations will also be useful for owners of iPads and iPod touch.
Method number 1: on the desktop
How to remove the application from iphone any version? The first offer you the most convenient, easiest and most common way.
So, the instruction:
- Unlock the device or press the "Home" button. You will see a desktop - a screen with application icons.
- Find the icon of the program you want to remove and hold it with your finger.
- As a result of this action, all the icons on the screen will begin to tremble, and characteristic deletion crosses will appear in their corners. Now you can lower your finger.
- How to remove the application from iphone? Click on the cross in the corner of the icon of the program that you want to get rid of.
- In the pop-up dialog box, confirm the action by clicking on "Delete" (if you change your mind or make a mistake, tap on "Cancel"). Be careful, the program will immediately disappear not only from the desktop, but also from the memory of the gadget!
- While the icons are in edit mode (trembling and marked with crosses), you can erase other unnecessary applications.
- All is ready? Then we exit editing by simply pressing the "Home" button.
So we figured out how to remove the application from the iPhone in the first way. By the way, using this method on a device with iOS version 10 and higher, you can erase not only self-loaded, but also pre-installed standard programs. If you need them again, you can easily download them from App Store.
Method number 2: through the settings menu
We continue to tell how to remove the application from the iPhone. This method is good because before erasing a program you can see how much space it takes in the memory of a gadget.
Here is the algorithm of actions:
- Go to the desktop in the "Settings", then in the "Basic".
- Scroll to "Use Storage ...".
- Tap on the item "Management".
- You will see a list with all the applications that are installed on your gadget. Opposite the name - the amount of memory occupied by the program.
- How to remove the application from iphone? Click on the one you intend to erase.
- In the opened window, tap on "Uninstall a program". In the pop-up dialogue cloud confirm this action.
Some users complain that in "Using storage ..." sometimes not all applications installed on the gadget are displayed. The problem is solved simply: scroll through this page to the end and click on the inscription "Show all programs".
Method number 3: via iTunes
Both from smartphones and tablets, Apple players can erase programs using the iTunes application, which is pre-installed on a computer or laptop. The method is also quite simple.
So, how to remove an application from an iPhone 6 s, 7, 5, 8, etc:
- Connect the gadget to the computer via the USB cable.
- Run iTunes on PC.
- Click on the mobile device management tab - the phone icon at the top of the application window.
- On the right side of the screen, click on "Programs."
- On the main window, the desktop layout of your smartphone will appear. Select the screen on which the application is located, which turned out to be unnecessary.
- Hover your mouse over the icon for this program. A cross will appear in its corner.
- Click on it - the application will disappear. But be careful: in this way, the program is erased irrevocably without confirmation!
- At the end of the edit, click on "Finish" at the bottom of the screen. After synchronization with the gadget, the application will be removed from it.
Hiding apps from the App Store
Many readers are interested in how to delete deleted applications from iPhone. After all, after you erase it, it will continue to appear in the "Purchases" of your profile in "App Store." So that the program does not "shine" anywhere, you need to do the following:
- Go to the App Store.
- In the "Today" tab, tap on your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to "Shopping."
- Locate the remote application in the list.
- Swipe the line with it to the left - a red "Hide" button will appear.
- Click on it - the application is completely removed!
If the program is not removed
If after applying one of the presented methods the program has not been erased, then it may be a system error. Exit - restart the gadget and try again.
If this does not help, then the problem may be in the established restrictions:
- Go to Settings. Then - the section "Basic".
- Tapnite on "Restrictions".
- Enter the device password.
- Opposite the "Delete Programs" in the next window, move the toggle switch to the active (green, not colorless) position.
- Now try again.
So we dismantled all the ways to remove applications from Apple gadgets. Any program can be restored back from the "Shopping" in the App Store, if you did not hide it there by the method we specified. But be careful: erasing the application, you permanently delete some data stored in it!