How to reduce the pressure at home. Pressure reducing agents
A few years ago, hypertension was considered a disease to which elderly people are exposed. But today, medical statistics says otherwise: increasingly, people of working age and even young people complain about high blood pressure. This is due to the enormous intellectual workloads, a passive lifestyle, nutrition “on the go,” and the adverse influence of the current state of ecology. In the article we will talk about what means to reduce the pressure.
What is hypertension?
Hypertension is an increase in blood pressure above the norm, namely the indicators should be at the level of 120/80. If the blood pressure monitor has registered the result of 140/90, then this condition is called mild hypertension. Such indicators can lead to the norm independently.How to reduce the pressure at home, can be found below. Doctors say about moderate and severe hypertension, if the numbers 160/100 and 180/110 are fixed. This condition requires immediate treatment to the doctor, since there is a danger of hypertensive crisis with all possible consequences, up to a heart attack.
Why reduce the pressure?
Increased pressure, even without causing any unpleasant symptoms in a person, leads to serious complications, often disability. Constantly spasmodic vessels disrupt the blood flow, which, in turn, complicates the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the organs and tissues of the entire body. First of all, such a state negatively affects the work of the brain, cardiovascular system, and kidneys. But it should be noted that low blood pressure is characteristic of hypertensive patients. Symptoms of this condition are manifested by fatigue, pain in the heart, dizziness. Therefore, closely monitor the indicators and try to keep them within the normal range, following the instructions of the doctor or using the methods of traditional medicine.
Symptoms of hypertension
Often a person is worried only by headaches in the neck. Other symptoms may appear already at a serious stage of development of the disease and, rather, are its complication:
- visual impairment;
- uncontrollable trembling of the hands;
- coordination of movements is broken;
- difficulty breathing;
- memory and attention are dissipated;
- noise in ears;
- in rare cases, dizziness and loss of consciousness;
- diseases of the urinary tract develop as a consequence of a renal failure.
Causes and prevention of high blood pressure
By eliminating the causes of the development of hypertension, it is possible not only to lower blood pressure, but also to take care of preventing its recurrence. How to reduce the pressure at home, without resorting to medication?
- Stress and psychological stress increase pressure. Avoid overwork and nervous shocks and learn relaxation techniques. Observe the change of work and rest during the working day. Try to relieve fatigue with a good deep sleep.
- Watch your body weight.An overabundance leads to an increase in pressure on the vessels and an increase in pressure.
- Take time for hiking in the fresh air. An effective way to reduce the performance of the tonometer is a morning run or exercise in the park.
- Minimize salt intake. It accumulates excess fluid in the body, which leads to difficulty of the circulatory system.
- Unfortunately, not always the above recommendations can provide normal pressure. A major role is played by the hereditary factor. Performing preventive measures, you can delay the development of the disease.
Express methods for reducing pressure
Tonometer indicators are going off scale, and there is no opportunity to urgently seek medical help? How to lower the pressure quickly? First of all, take a comfortable posture and relax. Take a few deep breaths and slow breaths, trying to calm the heart rate. Now you can use these recipes:
- Tincture of motherwort, valerian, hawthorn and the drug "Valocordin" must be taken in the amount of a teaspoon. If this is not your first time having a medical condition,this drug must always be carried with you.
- Pressure-reducing tea - mint. Make a cup of drink with lemon juice. Such a decoction can not only drink, but also apply compresses on the forehead, moisten the temples and the back of the head.
- How to lower the pressure quickly? With the help of self-massage with circular movements of the fingers of the temporal, parietal and occipital zones, nose bridge.
- Apple cider vinegar packs applied to the feet or calves of the legs effectively cope with the task of lowering the indicators within 15-20 minutes.
- Quickly reduces the pressure of hirudotherapy. At home, this method can be replaced by a small puncture with the finger-pads sterilized with a needle.
Proper nutrition for hypertension
How to lower blood pressure at home? You just need to reconsider your diet. It is strictly not recommended to eat fatty foods, salt and alcohol. It is necessary to take care of the saturation of the body with such microelements:
- Potassium, it is found in nuts and dried fruits, pumpkin seeds, almonds and bananas are considered especially useful for hypertensive patients.
- Magnesium, which is found in oatmeal, apples and grapefruits.
- Calcium is rich in dairy products.But it is worth remembering that fats are contraindicated at high pressure, so you need to choose low-fat foods. For example, cottage cheese is an aid in the fight against the disease, as it contains many essential trace elements for the expansion of blood vessels. Use at least 100 g per day. Milk is considered to be an equally effective product - drink a glass for breakfast and before bedtime.
Effectively reduce the pressure of foods rich in vitamin C. For example, citrus fruits, wild rose, parsley, mountain ash, Bulgarian pepper. Products such as cocoa and bitter dark chocolate will also help to significantly reduce pressure, but they are high-calorie, which is unsafe in hypertensive disease. Therefore, use them in small quantities.
Is green tea good for hypertension?
You already know that mint drink reduces pressure, but does green tea reduce pressure? So far, research results have not given a reliable answer to this question. On the one hand, phytoncides that make up the drink, soothe the heartbeat and nervous system, but caffeine, on the contrary, leads to an even greater increase in performance.But this does not mean that such tea should be drunk for medicinal purposes by people who have low blood pressure - the symptoms of the disease may worsen, the condition worsens, the indicators of the tonometer - even lower. Green tea can be consumed by everyone in small quantities for general strengthening of the body and relieving tension.
High Pressure Drinks
How to lower the pressure? At home, you can make natural drinks, enriched with essential minerals and vitamins to combat the symptoms of the disease:
- Beet juice is a source of folic acid and potassium, which are involved in maintaining normal blood flow and improve the condition of blood vessels. Juice reduces pressure slowly, but significantly. Drink a glass of drink daily.
- Carcade tea contains natural ACE inhibitors and is a natural analogue of high-pressure drugs, such as Captopril, for example. It is recommended to drink 3 cups a day of freshly brewed tea.
- Cranberry juice or juice is a source of vitamin C. The drink expands blood vessels, which allows you to normalize blood flow to the heart and brain.
- Pomegranate juice also contains natural ACE inhibitors. In addition to reducing pressure, the drink helps to prevent the formation of blood clots and plaques.
- In addition, we must not forget about the adequate consumption of purified quality water.
Yoga with increased pressure
Such an oriental practice as yoga, namely, certain asanas, helps to reduce the pressure indicators due to relaxing breathing and lifting positions in the body. They normalize blood flow, calm arrhythmia, relieve nervous tension. To reduce the pressure, bending forward from a sitting position, inverted and restoring positions are performed. Consult on the feasibility of performing certain asanas with a trainer. Or use the video yoga lessons to reduce pressure.
Breathing techniques to reduce pressure
Developed copyright techniques to reduce blood pressure. Some of them are based on deep breathing, others purify the energy, and still others have a psychological attitude. The performance of most of them is not proven. Time-tested, recognized by doctors and having a scientific medical rationale are such techniques as Strelnikova breathing exercises, the practice of body flex.Patient reviews indicate the effectiveness of such methods to reduce pressure, but after a certain time (usually 2-3 months) with regular exercises.
Herbs for hypertension
How to reduce the pressure of folk remedies? Widely used decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs:
- white mistletoe;
- raspberry leaves;
- rose hips;
- hawthorn fruit
But with herbs you need to be no less cautious than with drugs - overdose is extremely dangerous for health. It is better to choose ready-made charges at the pharmacy to reduce the pressure and follow the instructions for use. For example, positive reviews in the fight against high pressure earned the collection "Monastic tea." But it is better to consult with a phytotherapist. He will select the necessary herbs for hypertension in your case.
High Pressure Bracelets
Industrial manufacturers and craftsmen create various bracelets to lower blood pressure. How to reduce the pressure at home with a medical bracelet? The healing properties of this method are based on the influence of magnetic or electrical impulses, the healing properties of metals and stones on the vessels of the wrist.But the effectiveness of this treatment has not been proven, although reviews indicate a significant improvement in the patient’s condition after a few days of regularly wearing such a device.
Medications to reduce pressure
In medicine, use a variety of drugs that lower blood pressure. They constitute a group of drugs. Only a doctor can, assessing the patient’s condition, history of his illness and history, prescribe the necessary medication:
- Beta-blockers: "Bisoprolol", "Talinolol", "Coriol".
- Calcium channel blockers: Isoptin, Fenigidin, Nimotop.
- Nitrates: Sustac, Erinite, Nitrong.
- Antispasmodics: “Papaverin”, “Spazmolgon”, “No-shpa”.
- Ganglioblockers: “Arfonad”, “Ebrantil”.
- Diuretics: "Lasix", "Uregit".
- Sympatolitics: Adelfan, Isobarin.
- ACE inhibitors: "Renitec", "Enam", "Lisinopril".
- Central alpha stimulants: "Gemiton", "Fiziotenz."
Hypertension is a chronic disease. And if you are once faced with increased pressure, then, unfortunately, there is a long struggle for a normal state of health. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out preventive methods not only to keep the tonometer's indicators within the normal range, but also to maintain the health of the whole organism.