How to merge partitions hard drive: a guide for those who are not easy ...
If you are not satisfied with the layout of the disk space for your hard drive, you can resolve this problem yourself. There is no need to seek help from a specialist, you can handle it yourself. Right now, you will be given the necessary recommendations regarding questions about how to merge partitions on a hard disk and what it will take to restore the hard drive directories. Believe me, everything is much simpler ... The main thing is the desire and attentiveness in actions. Let's start.
With the help of the built-in Windows system tools, you can produce both a breakdown and a union of disk space. However, this article is devoted to the second option - the organization of a single volume of several components. Suppose you need to make one volume from two directories (C: \ and D: \).
Hard disk partitioning program
- Open the “Start” menu and enter the command diskmgmt.msc in the search box.
- The "Manage ..." service window will open.
- Mark the “D” section and use the right mouse button to call the context menu, from the list of which you should select the “Delete volume ...” command. Of course, all data on it will be destroyed. Confirm your action.
- The next step - the cursor on the drive "C" - call the menu and activate the "Expand Volume" command.
- In the new window, click "Next", and then select the unallocated area (remote disk "D").
- Completion of the process - the button "Done". After the above process, the system volume “C” will expand, and the question of how to merge hard disk partitions can be considered solved.
Effective organizer: Acronis Disk Director Suite
The above program can, if not all, very much. Start Acronis and in the next minimized window check "Manual mode". There are no fundamentally excellent actions in using the presented program. However, the functionality of the software significantly prevails over Windows-based tools.
- Select the disk (D) and when calling the context menu, specify “Merge”.
- In the next window, specify the section to which you want to join (C).
- In the case when the disk (D) has data and has not been formatted, you must create a folder where the portable information will be located.
- Next, give her a name.
- In the next window, click on the new folder, then confirm - “OK”.
- The final action - click on the label in the form of a flag.
In order to understand how to merge partitions of a hard disk, one practical repetition is enough.
Software failure is the main culprit of the situation when the system loses access to one of the volumes of the hard drive. However, Acronis is able to fix it.
- Use the manual mode again.
- In place of the section there will be an unpartitioned area, by clicking on which, you need to select "Advanced", then - "Restore".
- The next step is to select “Manual” and press “Next”.
- Then the “Search method” window will appear, where “Full” is your choice.
- At this stage, perhaps, you will see a certain list, through which the hard disk partitions are restored. It is here, in this window, that all lost data is displayed. It is important to choose from the list the section that most closely matches the size of the desired one.
- Now click on the “Checkbox” familiar to you and wait for the end of the recovery process, of which the program will notify you by means of a message.
As you see, the question “how to merge partitions on a hard disk?” That “tormented you” is actually easily resolved; moreover, it does not require special knowledge and IT skills from the user. In order for your hard drive to work as long as possible, and its performance always remained at its best, conduct timely preventative maintenance: defragmentation, cleaning and checking for errors. Be effective!