How to get rid of the smell of burning in the apartment?
In any apartment, food was once burnt, and some even carried the fire. One of the most unpleasant consequences of ignition is a pungent smell that is difficult to remove. Hence, many have a question, how to get rid of the smell of burning.
At home, the food burned, the clothes burned under the action of the iron, or did the children play with matches, and did the room fill with smoke and an unpleasant smell? In this case, you will need to do the following.
- Open all the windows in the apartment and preferably the door. The dwelling should be filled with street air, which will eventually erode the effects of a small fire. If you have a fan, turn it on.
- Start wet cleaning. Well, if you use the steam cleaner, which will refresh the upholstered furniture and relieve interior items from the burnt flavor. In case of its absence, you can use a simple vacuum cleaner. Do not forget to wash the curtains and wash the floors.
- To completely eliminate the problem, use an air freshener. And at home scatter the orange peel, it will saturate the house with its citrus scent.
This is a universal option. But how to get rid of the smell of burning after a fire?
How to eliminate the smell of burning after a fire?
There was a slight ignition, for example, the curtains caught fire, but did you manage to put out a small fire? Nearby objects could be damaged, and the smell has already spread to all corners of the dwelling.
Then you need to start doing spring cleaning. Take a damp cloth, drip a small amount of vinegar and detergent and wipe all surfaces in the house.
Wipe the walls and ceiling, and if the wallpaper had suffered a little, then you have to replace them, otherwise the smell will not go away.
If the furniture is damaged, then it will also need to be replaced or replaced with upholstery.
Burning smell remover
How to get rid of the smell of burning? Adsorbents can do this best.They can be easily purchased in the store, they are sold as a finished product, they include "Odorgona", "Mouth", etc. But you can also use other methods that are equally effective.
- Activated carbon.Perfectly absorbs odors.
- Clean sheets.After a small fire, wet clean sheets, add a small amount of vinegar to them and hang them around the house.
- Salt and soda.Salt and soda in all corners. They will accelerate the process of combating the burning smell.
- Needles.Use the needles. This is one of the most effective methods to eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Citruses.Another good way is to cut the oranges and spread them all over the apartment. You can also use a grater and grate the zest, and then heat it in a pan so that the orange smell spreads quickly.
- Fragrant herbs.These include mint, sage, wormwood, etc. Narvite fresh plants and spread them out at home, in the process of drying, they will distribute their flavor to all corners of the house.
In some cases, in order to completely get rid of all traces of burning odor, you have to wait more than one day.Try to avoid unpleasant consequences in advance and close the door at the time of cooking in the kitchen, it is also better to use a high-quality hood. Thus, in case of burning, you will save other rooms from the smell of burning.