How to cook braised pork head and legs
All cooked aspic in different ways. Some housewives prefer to use chicken. But in this case, gelatin usually has to be used for better curing. Others cook this pork knit dish. And how to cook jellied meat, adhering to the traditional Russian traditions? Take an extra pig head for this. The freezing of the broth into strong gelatin is guaranteed to you, and the abundance of meat will turn your dish into a delicacy for real gourmets.
The recipe for cooking pork jelly
- four pig feet;
- half pig head;
- one carrot;
- two onions;
- five cloves of garlic;
- Bay leaf;
- one parsley root;
- black pepper peas;
How to cook jelly
- Brush the pig's feet and head thoroughly with a brush. If necessary, singe the hairs over the fire. The layer of fat on the head behind the ears is usually cut off.
- Soak the meat pieces in cold water for five hours, periodically changing it.This is done to remove blood residues.
- Put the prepared legs, place the head in a large saucepan and then fill it with cold water, the level of which should be ten centimeters higher than the pieces.
- Put on the fire, follow the process of boiling, to carefully remove the foam. Even with its successful removal, it is recommended to completely drain all the water, and then re-set, boiling, adding cold liquid to the pan and pouring all the spices and seasonings (chopped onion, whole garlic, carrot and parsley root). This option will allow you to cook aspic with a more transparent broth.
- After boiling should reduce the fire to a minimum. In the pan should be barely noticeable boiling. Cover the lid, but not completely.
- In five to six hours of "languishing" broth, about a third of the liquid will boil out. Never add water. But how to cook the aspic, consisting not only of one meat? Then consider this in the first stage. It is necessary to immediately pour raw meat with plenty of water.
- Half an hour before the end of cooking, pour the bay leaf, pepper and salt.
- Turn off the fire, let the mass cool slightly.
- Getting to the stage of butchering, remove the boiled meat in a large bowl. Using a knife, separate the pieces of fat, bone and cartilage from the pulp. Many people like everything that was cooked in the jelly composition, others prefer only meat. So do as you used to.
- Spread the meat pieces in deep molds. You can decorate the dish, putting carved figurines from carrots or green bell pepper under the meat. With good freezing of jelly, the container can be turned upside down, on which bright pieces will appear.
- Pour broth into molds. If you are afraid that the jelly will not harden (which is very doubtful), add the prepared gelatin. By the way, it is thanks to the pig head that the broth is strong. So you can not be afraid of unpleasant moments.
- Put the dishes in the fridge to freeze. The next day the dish will be ready. Serve with horseradish and mustard. Knowing the secrets of how to cook braised pork, you can cook it from any other meat.