How to clean white valenki? We return the original look of winter shoes
Recently, boots are at the peak of popularity. They are considered an integral part of Russian culture. They are also called valines, wire rods, pims, valanuha, valyazhki, scooters. Traditional felt boots are made from felt wool of sheep, so they are very warm.
Feet in them do not freeze even in frosty days. Modern models are made not only from sheep's wool, but also used felt materials - goat or rabbits fluff. These boots have a rubber sole or leather inserts.
Any white shoes are quickly polluted, therefore, requires special care.Owners of such boots will be interested to learn how to clean white boots.
General rules for cleaning
When starting the purification procedure, you must followfew rules.
- You can not wash the boots in an automatic washing machine. Felt material may shrink or roll. It can be washed in a weak mode only if there is permission from the manufacturer on the box.
- You can not dry the boots near the fire: on the stove, fireplace, even on batteries. The material from which such shoes are made is flammable, so felt boots will simply burn.
- At the end of the winter season, boots are stored in a box with a special tool "Antimol".
- Before cleaning, you must thoroughly dry your shoes, this will make it easy to clean the felt boots from dirt.
- Decor elements should be removed or unpicked.
- You should also fill the boot with paper so that the moisture is absorbed from the inside. For better effect, paper is changed more often.
- Before walking you need to use a special water-repellent impregnation, which will help to extend the life of the shoe.
Before removing the dirt, the model must be dried, then rub the surface with a brush.If further processing is required, proceed to the next stage.
If there are no special instructions on the labeling of the goods, how to clean the boots, then use hand wash.
To do this, shavings of household soap are poured into a basin of water (first grated on a grater), brought to the formation of foam and lowered felt boots.
It is impossible to rub them in any way, it is better to leave for 10-15 minutes until completely absorbed, then rub with a brush, sponge, rinse and allow to dry.
To bring the boots in a neat look, they also use powder, well proved in this business such means as “Vanish”, “Weasel”. They perfectly remove stubborn stains and give the product a fresh look.
How to clean white valenki,consider in the following steps.
- To begin with, remove dried stains of dirt, dust, and residues of snow with a soft bristled brush.
- In the event that the felt product is not heavily contaminated, many housewives treat the surface with flour, semolina or starch. Flour (semolina) gently rubbed with a napkin from the flannel, shake. If this does not help and the color has acquired a grayish tint, proceed to the next stage.
- You can try to clean felt boots using a special solution: bleach is added to warm water with detergent. Having wetted a brush or a napkin in this water, it is carried out on the surface of the felt boot.
- Next, proceed to washing the felt and drying in the usual way.
- Dry felt boots in the usual way, but you can speed up the process by ironing the right place through gauze.
By following all the recommendations, you will ensure that the boots will warm your feet for a long time and will look like new.