How does the intestine hurt?
The intestine is part of the gastrointestinal tract and is located in the abdominal cavity of a person. The intestine consists of a thick and small intestine.
Pain in the intestines
Probably, every person knows how the intestines hurt. However, pain in the intestine can be different:
These pains are often accompanied by spasms. The pain can subside in a certain position or intensify when coughing, moving. After emptying the rectum, relief comes. Bloating indicates a congestion in the intestine of gases and disturbance of peristalsis, the occurrence of constipation.
When the intestine hurts in the lower abdomen, it cansignaling of serious diseases in the intestine or in the organs of the peritoneum. These diseases can be: inflammation of the appendix, ulcers, hepatic and renal colic, kidney inflammation, kidney stones, hernia, inflammation or enlargement of the sigmoid colon. In women, it can be acute inflammatory processes of the reproductive organs.
Pain in the lower abdomen can occur with intestinal obstruction, curvature of the intestines. In men, pain in the lower abdomen can be with a delay in urination, with problems of the prostate gland.
What to do with pain in the intestines
When the intestines hurt, what to do is known, unfortunately, not all. Sometimes it is enough to make small changes in the diet.
- You should eat more fiber, which softensand increases the volume of contents of the intestine and promotes the emptying of the intestine. Porridge with bran, cereal bread, baked potatoes, peas. However, with abundant fiber intake, flatulence and bloating may occur.
- You can eat nutritional supplements that are effective in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, with constipation and diarrhea.
- It is necessary to use pectin, which is contained in oranges, papaya, grapefruit. Pectin can help when the intestine is at the bottom of the stomach.
- To promote food in the intestines helps water, a day better to drink six or eight glasses.
- Do not abuse caffeine, which stimulates peristalsis, speeding up the emptying of the intestine. Caffeine is not only in coffee, but also in tea, chocolate, drinks with cola.
- It is necessary to minimize dairy products and wheat, which are poorly tolerated by the irritated intestine.
- Necessarily need to move more, because physical exercises (swimming, running, walking) help to promote digestible food.
- And, of course, you need to calm down, as stress provokes exacerbation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Laxatives should be taken moderately. It is impossible to use laxatives continuously, they must be changed.
Causes of bowel disease
When the intestines are sore, the causes may be as follows:
- intestinal parasites,
- ulcerative colitis.
Pain in the intestine is not always associated with the disease. They can occur with prolonged starvation, with the intake of irritating food, as well as with the use of certain medications, in the disorder of peristalsis.
When peristalsis does not work, then problems begin: the intestine hurts. Symptoms of this problem, in which constipation occurs:
- dizziness, headache attacks,
- stale breath,
- apathy, drowsiness,
- isolation or vice versa irritability,
- decreased appetite,
- coated tongue.
Abdominal pain in pregnancy
During pregnancy, the abdomen becomesthe future mother of the object of close attention. Any discomfort in the lower abdomen leads the pregnant woman to panic. The intestine is ill during pregnancy, or it is already problems associated with the threat of abortion can be understood by visiting the obstetrician.
Pain in the abdomen of a pregnant woman can be divided into two types: obstetric and non-obstetric.
- threat of abortion,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- placental abruption.
- problems of the digestive tract,
- stretching ligament and abdominal muscles,
- displacement of internal organs,
- acute surgical pathology.
At the threat of abortion in the abdomenthere are pulling or aching pains, or pains in the lumbar region, there are spotting. With ectopic pregnancy there are strong cramping pains, until unconscious. There may be short-term pain with small bloody discharge. The rupture of the fallopian tube takes place at 8-12 weeks. In the premature detachment of the placenta there are severe pains in the abdomen, there are signs of internal bleeding, intrauterine hypoxia.
During pregnancy occurs hormonalrestructuring, and there may be constipation, dysbiosis, bloating. Because of the growing uterus, there is a displacement of the pelvic organs and pains in the abdomen. Pregnant women may experience intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, pancreatitis and so on.