Flattening in the child: treatment and prevention
The arch of the foot carries a huge load and servesshock absorber when walking, running. Wrong shoes and the development of civilization lead to the fact that already in childhood there is a flat foot in the child. Treatment should be timely, as in adults pathology is not treated, but only use maintenance therapy.
What is platypadia?
Ideally, the inner edge of the foot should bearch - it is this spring that facilitates movement, walking, running. In toddlers, it is formed by the age of 5, before that its role is performed by a fat pad. If the arch develops with deviations, the child quickly becomes tired, limps when walking, slips shoes on one side, stoops, leans feet in a calm position on the inner or outer sides.
The orthopedic physician, in the presence of such symptoms, putsdiagnosis of "flat feet" in the child. Treatment is prescribed depending on the severity of the disease. To do this, a visual inspection of the feet on the glass, radiography, and planography (a computer method of examination from the snapshot on the glass) is performed.
At home, parents can checkfeet of the baby. To do this, you need to spread them with a fat cream or colorant and put on a white sheet of paper. The inner edge of the imprint should form a notch. If there is no cavity or it is small, then there is a flatfoot in the child. Treatment can begin with self-tempering, exercises for the feet, but it is better to visit an orthopedic doctor.
When a pathology is detected, the baby is assigneda complex of gymnastic exercises, physiotherapy, orthopedic obvus and insoles. It is useful to walk barefoot on the grass, pebbles, sand, massage mat, skating the ball stops. If the posture is disturbed, then it is recommended to wear a special corset supporting the spine. Surgical correction is performed only in the most severe cases. It is necessary to do foot massage daily with flat feet in children: rub the entire foot and each finger separately.
Prophylaxis of the disease should be done from birth:
- Choose shoes with a hard back on a small heel. The ankle joint should be rigidly fixed in it. Sandals, flat shoes are inadmissible.
- Walk barefoot on the pebbles, massage mat.
- Carry out hardening of the feet with trays of contrast temperature with subsequent rubbing with a towel.
- Follow the posture in a sitting position, especially at the desk. Daily exercise for the back - turns, slopes, pull-ups.
- Alternate periods of activity and rest.
- Strengthen the body. If a diagnosis is made of "flat feet" in a child, treatment begins with an increase in immunity and a balanced diet. For bones need calcium, so in the diet should be present dairy products, meat, fish. In the winter-spring period, it is recommended to take multivitamin complexes.
Pathology is formed due to incorrectactions of parents, lack of proper attention to the problem. The diagnosis of "flat feet" in children 2 years is not put, because at this age the foot is still forming. But his "rudiments" experienced orthopedist will see and recommend corrective procedures and funds. The main thing is not to delay the visit to a specialist.