Cancer of the lymph nodes: symptoms, treatment, prospects
The main function of the lymphatic system is to protect the human body from all kinds of infections. Cancer of the lymph or lymph nodes is a dangerous cancer of the lymphatic system.
Classification and features of the disease
Cancer of the lymph nodes is of two types:
- Hodgkin's lymphoma. Often affects the lymph nodes in any one area of the body, but the affected lymph cells can be transported throughout the lymphatic system.
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma(Lymphosarcoma and Burkitt's lymphoma). It has a much higher degree of malignancy, it grows beyond the limits of the lymphatic system, penetrating into the bone marrow, the central nervous system, blood. It is diagnosed using tissue biopsy. The disease is developing rapidly, it is difficult to chemotherapy and radiation. This type of cancer of the lymph nodes is mainly found in Africa, and is rarely found on other continents. People affected by AIDS are most often affected.
The affected lymph cells easily enter the blood, and through it into the rest of the organs and systems of the human body. In any parts of the body, these cells can continue to divide and form all new tumors. Vessels and nodes of the lymphatic system in the human body are located everywhere, so a tumor can form in any part of the body. In many cases, this disease can begin to develop in the neck, when metastases appear in the lymph nodes. A malignant tumor also occurs in organs adjacent to the lymph nodes, such as the abdominal and chest cavity, groin area, armpit. Cancer of the lymph nodes can develop in other systems and organs of the human body, for example, in the bones, liver, and lungs.
The alleged causes of the disease
The reason that causes cancer of the lymph nodes is unknown. Scientists around the world continue to explore this industry. Patients of different ages are affected, but young people most often. Contagious disease is not, the possibility of transmission is inherited.
Conducive to the emergencefactors
- unstable immunity;
- Epstein-Barr virus;
- late first pregnancy (after 35 years);
- connection with blood group and rhesus, lifestyle and diet, alcohol and smoking - not established.
Lymph Node Cancer Symptoms
In the figure, healthy lymph nodes (their location and shape) are marked in green, the affected ones in red.
- The first symptom is a thickening, enlargement, swelling of the lymph nodes. This may concern the inguinal, axillary, cervical.
- You may experience shortness of breath, itching, constant causeless fatigue, cough, temperature changes to extremely high values, fever, sudden unreasonable weight loss.
- Doctors recommend that anyone who observes such symptoms undergo a medical examination. Only ahead of time you should not think that it is a cancer of the lymph nodes, because the same symptoms are accompanied by many other, less dangerous diseases.
A timely visit to the doctor is the first step to recovery. In many cases, Hodgkin's lymphoma can be completely cured even when malignant metastases affect other parts of the human body. The cure occurs only under conditions of complete control of the condition of the sick person.Patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are significantly less likely to recover, especially if metastases have managed to penetrate far into the surrounding tissues. However, due to a combination of the latest developments in the field of pharmacology and surgery, in most cases, doctors manage to stabilize the patient's condition and achieve sustainable remission.