7 ways to clean your linoleum from stubborn dirt, paint, grease, whitewash, marker, etc.
Linoleum is the most common flooring in the modern world. It is used in the apartment, and outside the city, as well as for offices. That is why the question of how to wash linoleum, is quite relevant.
Why is the material so popular? The popularity of the material affects the price. She - the most affordable compared to all materials.Linoleum itself:
- highly resistant to damage;
- has originality of design;
- presents a wide range of colors and print ideas;
- easy to install;
- You can easily take care of this type of coverage.
How to wash linoleum from dirt quickly?
If you are concerned about the issue of how to clean linoleum, then both chemical agents and simple folk methods can help you, but they are not less effective.
Dirty linoleum can be washed quickly, but first it is necessary to determine, during which pollution occurred.
Removing scale from lime and cement
After the repair, there are often questions about how to clean the linoleum after the repair, how to clean the linoleum after the repair, so that the original appearance of the material will be returned, how to prolong the service of bed linoleum.
Pollution often after repair work cannot be avoided, but some methods can help get rid of them.
Linoleum before repair is covered with dense polyethylene or oil-bearing material, which is attached to the baseboards with adhesive tape. This will help reduce the problem of cleaning. In the absence of such materials, old newspapers or rags are placed on the floor.
If lime or cement gets on the linoleum coating, then its appearance becomes untidy. The coloring strikes with dullness and lack of brightness with noticeable white patches and divorces. Also, linoleum becomes rough to the touch, which means immediately that it began to deteriorate.
This happens when using aggressive detergents or non-cleaning floor coverings.
What can wash linoleum? Linoleum from whitewash and primer, if they did not have time to enter, wash with a mild soap solution of warm water (add 3-4 tablespoons of salt and soap per liter of water). The water must be warm, so that the brilliance and brightness are not lost.
The same tool can be used if you need to remove putty. But before that, the putty is pre-cleaned with a special spatula, and then the recipe is used.
From raids and divorce effectively help potassium permanganate. It is added in small quantities to a bucket of warm water and stirred until completely dissolved. What is washed primer with linoleum?
This tool is effective for removing contaminants, but it has one drawback - after treatment, there is a strong odor. It is neutralized by washing with an aqueous solution, in which 3-4 tablespoons of acetic essence are added.
After washing the linoleum it is well dried, rubbed with wool fabric,pre-moistened with linseed oil or linseed oil. All this will lead to the fact that the linoleum will shine.
Removing various types of paint
Even if you paint carefully, a little paint may fall on the linoleum. It is removed if it has just appeared. In another case, the removal will be difficult.
How to wash the paint, so as not to damage the linoleum? When eliminating traces of paintseveral important rules should be followed.
- Do not scrub the paint with soda and alkaline products, so as not to spoil the appearance of the coating and prevent fragility and fragility of the material.
- To wash the paint from linoleum, if it is not dried, you can by applying to the stain of vegetable oil, which is able to soften it. After a few minutes, this place is slightly rubbed with a stiff brush or cloth cloth without the use of sharp tools in avoiding scratches on the surface.
- Wash gouache can be effectively using an aqueous solution, in which is added potassium permanganate.
- Paint for shoes from linoleum is removed with a soap solution, hydrogen peroxide, purified with gasoline or vinegar. This means even the eroded paint is washed. In addition, suede shoes can also be effectively cleaned with these products, without resorting to special chemicals.
- Hair dye is removed by a special tool that is purchased in a cosmetic store. If this is not, then you can take soda and 5-6 drops of water, mix and apply to the stain. Soon the spots on the linoleum will be dissolved, then they can be removed with a dry cloth.
- Sometimes it happens that in our hectic age the paint from the cartridge accidentally turns on linoleum. How to clean it from linoleum, so as not to damage it? Paint from the printer is washed with gasoline or solvent. Drip on the place of pollution and leave for 5 minutes. Then the stain is removed with soapy water with vinegar.
- Stain can be removed with bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Apply a few drops of funds and leave. Then wash with soapy water. Stains on linoleum will quickly disappear, even if it is yellowed.
- Wash the paint for suede effectively possible with the help of lemon juice applied to the place of pollution. This tool can also quickly wash off iodine from linoleum, even if the shade of the coating is white.
- Many housewives who have children worry that they use a marker and a marker. His children can easily apply even to light linoleum.So what can wash the pen with linoleum? A permanent marker leaves very persistent traces that can be easily removed with hydrogen peroxide. The marker from linoleum, even if the stain is ingrained, is removed with a chlorine solution (a little bleach to 1 liter of water). But sometimes it happens that bleeding from the owners of the premises is an allergic reaction. What can wash the pen with linoleum quickly and without health effects? You can use a vodka solution, which quickly and without health effects will help get rid of stains, even if linoleum is corrugated or porous.
- Rust from linoleum is effectively removed with lemon solution or detergent used to wash dishes. The solution is slightly heated and applied to the spot.
How to wash linoleum in the kitchen from fat?
It perfectly washes linoleum from linseed mud that has been applied to the place of pollution, and then washed off with soapy water. After this place is wiped with a woolen cloth. In addition, fat is effectively washed off when cleaning agents are taken. They are able to remove even yellowness quickly and efficiently.
What is used to clean old linoleum?
Pre-worth to decide where the spots and what they are complexity. If the linoleum is very dirty or yellowing pollution, then it is effective to remove the soap solution with the addition of vodka or alcohol (1 tsp of soap for 200 g of vodka).
The use of this tool is necessary if the type of linoleum coating is corrugated, as well as if super glue remains on it.
All of these tools help to clean the old linoleum, making it clean and attractive.